Camper wiring questions, under seat pictures?

Anthc24

As above I will try and keep my questions in one thread, I do have good electrical knowledge but mainly higher voltage 3 phase, not had a lot to do with vehicles and DC.

How much of the wiring are people managing to fit under the drivers seat? Any pictures?

i have a t6 so hoping to get leisure battery, ctek, battery charger and maybe even fuse box under there.

i am only having a small kitchen pod with a full width bed so won’t have many sockets, possibly just 1 double, I was thinking of putting either a changeover swjtch or contactor in for hook-up and inverter selector. Question then is how do I stop the battery charger running off the inverter. Ideally I would have also liked to run the fridge off 230v but only on hook up

any suggestions?

Under my passenger seat is a leisure battery, fuse box Redarc dc-dc charger and fuses for the heater.

Under the drivers seat is an amplifier and a consumer unit with 2 sockets. Although I am thinking about putting the CU near the OEM battery.

I got a battery, Redarc1240D, Victron BMV, 2 busbars for + & -, a 10 way fusebox, and 2 Battery cut off switches under my passenger seat.
A Victron 800W Inverter and a NOCO charger under the driver's seat, with room left for some odds and ends (air pump/tool kit etc)IMG20191124141928.jpgIMG20191124141830.jpgIMG20191124141959.jpgIMG20191124141714.jpg

Last edited:
I got CTEK DC charger, 110Ah battery, 12v distribution panel and isolator under driver seat. 240V Consumer panel, Victron MPPT, Victron 375w inverter, Victron 12v charger and a voltage sensing relay under the passenger seat. We have a double socket that's fed by 240v on EHU and automatically switches to inverter. On EHU, both starter and leisure batteries are charged as well as giving a 12v feed on the DC circuit.

Electrics.jpg

I got CTEK DC charger, 110Ah battery, 12v distribution panel and isolator under driver seat. 240V Consumer panel, Victron MPPT, Victron 375w inverter, Victron 12v charger and a voltage sensing relay under the passenger seat. We have a double socket that's fed by 240v on EHU and automatically switches to inverter. On EHU, both starter and leisure batteries are charged as well as giving a 12v feed on the DC circuit.

View attachment 76628
You would have more room if you stood that battery up.

But then he might have to do what I did and lift the seats up to clear it.
spacers.jpg

Battery, DC-DC charger, solar, fuse box and relay pack

I've since added Victron smart shunt, battery disconnect and starter trickle charger.

DE3E30AD-96C7-4D3F-ACE0-96C24F48B6B9.jpeg

DSC00489.JPG110Ah Lifepo4 and Victron Orion DC-DC charger under drivers seat.

DSC00491.JPG

110Ah Lifepo4, SmartShunt, SmartBatteryProtect and SmartBattery Sense under passenger seat. SmartSolar 75/15 in rear toolbox. No room for Phoenix 12/375, but it's only used occasionally, so connected via Anderson plugs behind battery.

View attachment 76628

@col661 I saw your post as above and its a very similar setup to what I’m considering, i dont suppose you have a wiring di you’d be happy to share?

basically I am trying to figure out how best to tidy it all up, have as little cables as possible to the starter battery but have the starter battery and leisure battery charge when on EHU but it sounds like you’re doing?

many thanks

Back