Cambelt/water pump and DSG oil change - 5 year change?!

nevertoold

VIP Member
Hi Guys just booked my 2018 T6 150 DSG in for service and Mot as it's 4 years old in January I was expecting to replace cambelt / water pump and DSG gear box oil... VM service informed me that according to the chassis number my engine and DSG box are on 5 year schedule!

Mine is a Nov 2017 150 DSG so just a couple of months older than yours. I had the Cambelt and Waterpump replaced earlier this year as thats what VW told me needed to be done at 4yrs despite the low mileage. They also told me that the DSG oil is 40k miles and not age related so it’s not needed to be done yet.

Last edited:
What did VW want for the cam belt being done? I got a message today saying its come up for being done.

I had mine done by Bognor Motors as it was in for other work. From memory it was about £560 (Oli could confirm). VW quoted slightly more but I trust Bognor to do it right!

I understand prices seem to vary slightly at VW dealers but I don’t know why.

Hi Guys just booked my 2018 T6 150 DSG in for service and Mot as it's 4 years old in January I was expecting to replace cambelt / water pump and DSG gear box oil... VM service informed me that according to the chassis number my engine and DSG box are on 5 year schedule!
I'm surprised, I'm under the impression that cam belts are supposed to be changed at 4 years in the UK, from this thread;

VWCV have probably accepted that they have been rumbled and changed their advice.

Leaving an oil change on a unit based on years is stupidity for manufacturers to say that. There is nothing `Filled for life` either.

Back