California Factory Suspension/Springs Query

ched

T6 Highline PV (Camper Conversion)
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi – I've kindly been gifted a set of T6 California factory springs from a mate that had his Cali fitted with some -3cm lowering springs, so he no longer needs them.
My van is a 2018 T6 T28 panel – pre camper conversion with 18" Toluca alloys (recent purchase).

My question is – given that I will be converting my van, would there be any advantage to fitting these Cali' springs?
My thinking is that the Cali' springs may have a bigger load rating that would help out with the extra weight I'll be adding to my van upon conversion?

Any pointers/advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

Hiya,

I am no expert. I have a 2018 Cali and I don’t think that they put special springs on a Cali. A quick call to @CRS Performance will answer your query! I am going up to him at the end of the month to have the suspension of my Cali sorted out.

The Cali is based on the T30 but from the factory can be a bit low on the rear when fully loaded so the springs would improve a T28 but not much once fully loaded as a camper.

The Cali is based on the T30 but from the factory can be a bit low on the rear when fully loaded so the springs would improve a T28 but not much once fully loaded as a camper.
The California as standard does sit too low at the rear altering the standard RAKE angle , simple fix though so don't worry about it
When its right the steering feels better and the Vehicle looks better .

The California as standard does sit too low at the rear altering the standard RAKE angle , simple fix though so don't worry about it
When its right the steering feels better and the Vehicle looks better .

Hopefully this will be look at when I get the suspension sorted

That’s good info everyone. I honestly thought this thread was dead in the water, as I didn’t get any replies initially...

Thanks for taking time to respond!

If we will be helping you then we do take great care to sort the Rake angle out so the car drives properly
Ha ha ha! Well, that's embarrassing...........!

I had sent that earlier note from my phone and now, at my laptop, I see that it was CRS Performance who had highlighted the rake angle issue! I thought I was replying to another poster when I said that it would be sorted when the suspension is looked at! Looking at the convo flow, it looks so much like I was giving orders.........sorry about that!!!!

What do you mean "If"?!!! Haven't we booked Monday 26th?!!! I know someone closer to me asked if he could do the work, but I politely declined his offer!!!

Regards,

John

Hi John

Its embarrassing for me , I often talk to T6 owners with their real name and dont relate to their forum names

also chatting to approx 10 customers Per day it gets very difficult for my tiny brain ha ha

We do indeed have a booking for you and your T 28 good news

cheers steve

I know someone closer to me asked if he could do the work, but I politely declined his offer!!!

That would be me then! Sorry if you felt my approach was out of line, I wouldn't have got in touch with you without first discussing it with Steve. If I had known when I got in touch that you had already confirmed the booking then I wouldn't have done so, at the time I assumed you were just discussing options. Hopefully Steve @CRS Performance will be able to confirm for you that my approach was genuine and that he had agreed to it before I got in touch.

You'll be well looked after by Steve, you've made a great choice on your setup and Steve's customer service is second to none. Enjoy the best suspension that it's possible to fit to a T6.

Oooh! I hadn’t named names, nor had I gone running to Steve telling tales! In the interests of fairness, you were completely open and honest in your approach and I trust you found my response equally open and honest!

Kudos to you for shouting out!!!

Oooh! I hadn’t named names, nor had I gone running to Steve telling tales! In the interests of fairness, you were completely open and honest in your approach and I trust you found my response equally open and honest!

Kudos to you for shouting out!!!
I don't mind naming and shaming myself when it's needed!

I don't mind naming and shaming myself when it's needed!
Chris,

For the benefit of others reading this post, I must stress that you were open and honest in your approach. And, yes, it would be much easier for me to pop down the A303 (at least 2 hours driving time saved) and have you do the work, especially as an affiliate/partner/associate of @CRS Performance.

Please do NOT think I was put out at all. I elected to stick with my original booking as Steve had done all “the pre-Sales work”.

I was not annoyed in any way at all and, as I said to you previously, I will definitely consider your company for future work.

So, let’s shake hands: can you do servicing, repairs, upgrades?

regards,

John (JOG)

Chris,

For the benefit of others reading this post, I must stress that you were open and honest in your approach. And, yes, it would be much easier for me to pop down the A303 (at least 2 hours driving time saved) and have you do the work, especially as an affiliate/partner/associate of @CRS Performance.

Please do NOT think I was put out at all. I elected to stick with my original booking as Steve had done all “the pre-Sales work”.

I was not annoyed in any way at all and, as I said to you previously, I will definitely consider your company for future work.

So, let’s shake hands: can you do servicing, repairs, upgrades?

regards,

John (JOG)
Cheers John, hand shaken.

Servicing and repairs aren't part of our offering, but upgrades are. It all depends on what the upgrade is, obviously suspension, but we can also sort wheels/tyres, styling such as splitters, spoilers, side bars, interior stuff like re-trims, insulation, carpet lining etc. A few retrofits like LED headlights and tail lights. We can do all sorts, sorry, this is starting to sound like an advert! When I'm ready, hopefully on Sunday, I'll be posting a new thread introducing the business with full details of what we can offer. I've been a member of this forum for over a year now, but only recently become a trade member and I haven't yet introduced the business formally. It's a new business and I've been waiting until I have everything in place before I confirm to potential customers the full scope of what we can do.

Looking forward to having Chris on board to assist with the work load , There will be a few bumps in the road initially until we are fully established , but exciting times ahead .

My priority is that we all offer the same great product and service at the levels we have been , Clearly judging by the 6 Vans we did on Saturday this helpful technical approach is working .

Back