California Beach recommended upgrades

R6daveandgill

Hi ya folks
You may already guess I am completely new to this , my first van . Considering 20" wheels and lower + suspension upgrades. Any advice appreciated

One of the things you’ll discover is how versatile the Beach is…..mine is an every day family car (though we have a Mini for the school run) which takes us and two boys and two dogs along with all the family crud that has to be dragged about! We also tow a twin-axle caravan for our longer breaks!

Hi ya folks
You may already guess I am completely new to this , my first van . Considering 20" wheels and lower + suspension upgrades. Any advice appreciated
There are many kits in this market to choose from. , there are also a lot of suppliers who don’t understand suspension happy to sell you what ever they have in their store ,
Issue you will have is. A heavy van. , Fit the wrong equipment and you will regret the day it was fitted .
we have more experience than most when it comes to transporters and particularly heavy vans . This is why we developed our own range of Spring kits to cope with the heavier models and get the benefit of the Koni dampers we sell . Give us a call or. Send a message directly and we will run through options That can keep the vehicle comfortable and handling like a car .

This is my Cali lowered by 30mm and fitted with 20"s.
View attachment 145676
That is way lower than 30 mm. As my comment above mentioned about people fitting things that technically are not ideal , !
measure that height. Center of the wheel to top of the arch. That is closer to 60 mm all day long Standard vehicle is 460mm and I guess you are about 400. Are you running standard dampers … ??

I would never lower it, why make it more difficult to access hidden camping spots on rough terrain? The same for big wheels and slim tyres.
For me the best immediate upgrades i did on mine were the rear sliding tray and the fridge

IMG_20221028_095406137.jpg

I would never lower it, why make it more difficult to access hidden camping spots on rough terrain? The same for big wheels and slim tyres.
For me the best immediate upgrades i did on mine were the rear sliding tray and the fridge

View attachment 190060
I lowered my camper so that I can get into multistory carparks and places with 2.0m barriers. There are a few beaches/coastal sites in Ireland with 2.0 barriers where overnight camping is an option.

I lowered my camper so that I can get into multistory carparks and places with 2.0m barriers. There are a few beaches/coastal sites in Ireland with 2.0 barriers where overnight camping is an option.
I can understand that, here most of the beach and car park barriers are 2,20m. The stock height of the California is 1990mm. I guess the cool thing about this vans is the ability to be fit for purpose for every owner and their use case

Back