California on Banded Steels

has anyone put these on a grey shuttle and got pics to show?,wanna see what theyd look like.

Finally decided on some wheels for my Cali MY18. Gone with some 18" banded steels in light anthracite (Van is Reflex Silver) from Duchy banded steels.

I think I'm settled on 9/9.5 front/rear and am having B14s and ARBs fitted in the next few weeks so all in all I'm hoping to achieve a better look, lower, less arch gap, and hopefully keeping the driveability good.

Now on to tyres! I thought I was set on Goodyear Eagle F1 255/45/18 103Y, but I'm being told the rears might see some tyre poking beyond the arch. I really don't want this and ideally want it flush or slightly tucked in and do not want the possibility of catching from sliding door etc.

What's people's thoughts and experiences?

@Craig87

I've read that you switched from 9/9.5 to 8.5/9 because of the sliding door catching the tyre?

I have a t6.1 cali and ordered some steelies from duchy, 4x8.5 , but i'm having second thoughts.

Did the 9 inch in the rear rubb the door cards? Do you have any pcitures from the clearance with the sliding door opened?

Thanks in advance.

The 9” runs on the door cards ‘just’. It was acceptable to me, maybe not to others. The 9.5 I tried and there was no chance it was opening without scratching up the wheels and door card. I did try modifying the door cards but it was a no-go

Can this thread have a warning sticker? Something along the lines of: Parental Guidance required! Put your credit card down! Don’t tell my wife!

Or maybe a blurb like: “This thread contains images you may find cause envy! If you have been affected by anything you saw, please cal our free Helpline”

The 9” runs on the door cards ‘just’. It was acceptable to me, maybe not to others. The 9.5 I tried and there was no chance it was opening without scratching up the wheels and door card. I did try modifying the door cards but it was a no-go

tnx for the feedback. i'll stick to the square setup, maybe try adding a small spacer afterwards.

depending on how much space is left between the wheels and the doorcards.

Just done a test fitment, to see whether the door would catch.

And as expected it just catches. If I pull the door a bit it goes easier.

Anyone has a scheme of the sliding door and how to access the middle rail?
Thinking of trying to space it out a bit.

Steels are 8,5 inch with general grabber at3 235/55 18

IMG_20201215_174846.jpgIMG_20201215_175305.jpg

Wheel or tyre? Your tyres seem to stick out quite far.
Do they Caravelles have specific cards?

Wheel or tyre? Your tyres seem to stick out quite far.
Do they Caravelles have specific cards?

it's the tyre, it bulges a little outwards. a more stretched tyre would solve it I guess, but there's no smaller option from general grabber in 18's.

Correction! It seems that GG AT3 will be available in 225/55 18 in 2021. I guess this would stretch the tyre and maybe just clear the doorcard.
But since these are new, i'm going to have to live with them for now.

2255518V102Nieuw 2021

Does anyone know the owner of this california? His wheels and tyres are almost the same width as I'm going to run (differs 2mm).
So I guess he would also had the same problem. And would like to know the 'solution'

124068494_2030818470381752_7580007385654733724_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back