Cali diesel heater

Dave F

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I am in my hired Cali and another ting that I would love to retro fit is tbe heater it is so quiet outside compared to others. Can anyone tell me what heater it is It's a 2017 van.?. Thanks

Open the drivers door and look at the labels on the edge.

Mine has 2 an Eberspacher and a webasto.

Webasto is the engine preheater and the eberspacher is the air space heater
Thanks for that I have been looking at the ebersacher D2 with the 702 programmer and also the phone app kit .

Webasto do petrol heaters 2Kw, 3.5Kw, 3.9Kw, 4Kw, 5Kw and 5.5Kw. I think that I am correct in saying that Eberspächer only do a 4Kw one now.

Air Top 2000STC is the standard fit.
For some reason VW changed from the Air Top 3500ST in the T5 to the 2000STC in the T6 as the factory fit.

Last edited:
Webasto do petrol heaters 2Kw, 3.5Kw, 3.9Kw, 4Kw, 5Kw and 5.5Kw. I think that I am correct in saying that Eberspächer only do a 4Kw one now.

When I wanted to fit a Webasto Petrol heater in June this year, some parts were unavailable and they could not give me an answer so be careful.

Who couldn't give you an answer? What parts were unavailable? It is only the burner and ecu that are different on a petrol Webasto. Which model were you looking at? Are you you sure that you were not just being fobbed off by someone that didn't want the business?
A lot of questions there but it does appear to be odd to be given that information.

Who couldn't give you an answer? What parts were unavailable? It is only the burner and ecu that are different on a petrol Webasto. Which model were you looking at? Are you you sure that you were not just being fobbed off by someone that didn't want the business?
A lot of questions there but it does appear to be odd to be given that information.

Webasto themselves after the dealer had told me he couldn’t guarantee when he could get the complete unit, so I phoned Webasto direct to check and that was what they told me, because they were having a problem with one of their suppliers in Germany.

This was back in June, and as I wanted my van converted told the Converter to forget the heater and that I would get one at a later date & that is why I have hone the Propex route which I am quite happy about.

Which model was that, as I bought 2 new Air Top 2000STC petrol ecus in the summer no problem. That only leaves the burner which is the same as the 2000S and ST and they were certainly available also!
I did notice that the STC petrol wasn't on one main dealer's website for a month or so in the summer though.

Which model was that, as I bought 2 new Air Top 2000STC petrol ecus in the summer no problem. That only leaves the burner which is the same as the 2000S and ST and they were certainly available also!
I did notice that the STC petrol wasn't on one main dealer's website for a month or so in the summer though.

When I was told they weren’t available by the converter and when I checked with Webasto I didn’t bother any more with it, I believe they also had a problem with the diesel versions with a part, but as I say I cancelled.

Back