Caddy Wheels v Crafter Wheels

Captain Martin

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and I have just purchased a Crafter MWB & I am looking to spec it up a bit the first thing I was going to do is fit some alloys I do have the chance to purchase a really nice set that was removed from a Caddy, my questio

I doubt the stud pattern is the same and also the wheel weight rating needs to be suitable for the crafter - big difference in carrying capacity between a Caddy and Crafter!

So its a no from me!

Welcome BTW - there are a few members with crafters, I know of one converted to a camper.

As @Paynewright says Caddy wheels def won’t work, they are 5x112 and weights will be wrong.

New Crafter is 5x120 same as a t5/6. They are more sensitive to offsets though so lots of sellers sell transporter aftermarket wheels to fit but they have too much poke.

Load rating needs to be 1050kg minimum as the rear axle is 2100kg.

Volkstrek or Elite wheels seem to be the trusted sellers for suitable wheels for these vans. @BognorMotors may be able to advise also though as I believe they run some Crafters as well as transporters.

Will transporter 16” alloys (Hyline model alloys) fit a crafter?

They fit, but not load rated people keep making the same mistake. The optional crafter alloys look similar but are 17inch with a higher rating.

And don’t forget that you’ll need load rated tyres to go with the load rated wheel.

Not only are both offences in their own right but each is an MOT failure, and (happy to be corrected) I believe the type of failure that you’ll not be able to drive away until fixed.”, or lifted away on a flatbed.- so mega ££££s

Back