Cadac - Which Gas Supply?

I tried/have one of them.

Wasn't happy with it tbh. Kinda a bit dangerous.

Don't use it now.

Not a tight fit to the can.

If the can is not vertical it will push liquid gas up the feed pipe and splutter at the burner head. Meaning that when you close the screw valve the pipe is full of liquid gas that needs to burn off, so you can't turn off the flame in a timely manor.

You cant have the can vertical as most of the en417 feed pipes are short to accommodate the short can . (See issue above)

The en417 seem to run at a different pressure causing the aerosol can to empty too fast and freeze up.... (Compared to running in a single burner stove they are designed for) this then runs out too fast and when the can freezes you loose all pressure and just det a weak flame.

In my experience I would not recommend it.

Quick up date…..we now use this……

ps Just found this novel idea…….What next ?

58C0398A-85CB-4454-8967-CF4BFA78EE52.jpegCD8DBAC3-AC81-4F97-955F-904220BF6D89.png

I tried/have one of them.

Wasn't happy with it tbh. Kinda a bit dangerous.

Don't use it now.

Not a tight fit to the can.

If the can is not vertical it will push liquid gas up the feed pipe and splutter at the burner head. Meaning that when you close the screw valve the pipe is full of liquid gas that needs to burn off, so you can't turn off the flame in a timely manor.

You cant have the can vertical as most of the en417 feed pipes are short to accommodate the short can . (See issue above)

The en417 seem to run at a different pressure causing the aerosol can to empty too fast and freeze up.... (Compared to running in a single burner stove they are designed for) this then runs out too fast and when the can freezes you loose all pressure and just det a weak flame.

In my experience I would not recommend it.
Thanks for that.

I wonder how the Cadac triple pack works with these type of canisters laying down?

I had one to try at T6 summer camp it's now in the bin, totally useless.
I was given some cv470 canisters and thought it might do as a back up.
You can't get a clean enough connection and it just seems so unsafe and loose and you just sit there waiting to smell gas.

Back