Cadac - Which Gas Supply?

No theres 2 options when you buy the safari chef. Either the high pressure that uses the screw in cans or the low pressure that uses campinggaz or calor. I/m about to pull the trigger but not sure which to get
I use the 4.5kg butane calor cylinder, works well. Obviously bigger and heavier than the screw in cans, but not a problem as our van isn’t a camper, we tow a caravan so space isn’t so limited. If I was using my van as a camper then I might have gone with the smaller screw in type.

I use the 4.5kg butane calor cylinder, works well. Obviously bigger and heavier than the screw in cans, but not a problem as our van isn’t a camper, we tow a caravan so space isn’t so limited. If I was using my van as a camper then I might have gone with the smaller screw in type.
I went with the low pressure version and bought a 4.5kg Calor cylinder. £21.95 to fill instead of £33 for 2.7kg of campinggaz. It’s a no brainer. I’ll keep hold of the 2 campinggaz cylinders in the garage in case I ever need them.

I have a Cadac Safari Chef 2 and use 445g butane/propane cartridges with it. Could I buy another regulator and connect my Campingaz 904 cylinder with it?

@RosscoPCole have a look at this . .

Thanks everyone. I have a spare Campingaz cylinder which is easier to store in the bus than a flock of smaller canisters. So will be going down the Campingaz route from now on. Will buy the appropriate adaptor.

Anyone tried the cadac power pack? Is there much advantage to this over just a single regulator with a small cartridge? Currently have a large propane bottle and regulator but looking to switch to something smaller.

I have one. I’ve only ever used it with the Power pack and find it works great for us. We use the Coleman C500 canisters which last us a number of trips.

Last edited:
I have one. I’ve only ever used it with the Power pack and find it works great for us. We use the Coleman C500 canisters which last us a number of trips.
Thanks. That’s the canisters I use for the hob in the van so thought it’d be good to use the same ones. Just trying to figure out if a single regulator would make much difference to the power pac.

we use the CADAC DUO . . .

the benefit is twice the burn time . . . that's obvious, but what they don't say is that the gas pressure drops as the cans run down . .

so the twin cans will give you a much better burn rate for a longer duration before the pressure drops off.

we made a 3day weekend with the twin can setup - but had another two cans ready to go as spares.

Cadac Dual Power Pak - Gas Regulator and Hose Kit

1617441003222.png

+++

we went for the COLMAN bulk pack to get it cheaper . . .

Coleman Extra Value 6 x C500 Gas Cartridge (Pack of 6)

1617441204002.png

take a look over here --->

Hi All .... We learnt from the real camper/caravan community...nothing worse than cooking and run out of gas...always carry spare canisters or .... we now use this ..last all season and eco friendly ( exchange refill ) ;)

A4E69EA9-46CB-43BC-AE5D-F5C2F99C642E.jpeg

Thanks, I’ve been using a propane bottle but just a bit overkill to carry around when it’s just for a few days etc. Will pick up one of the power packs I think and then just keep a few spares handy which will also cover the hob :thumbsup:

I tapped into the LP rubber outlet in the gas locker and have a Y isolator in the locker.. 1 to gas hob original line and 1 new line to quick release coupler mounted external under the gas locker .. cadac has quick release connector .. so To use simply push connect the cadac and open Y valve section

The CADAC TRIO is new . .

(seem expensive for what it is, and buying gas in those cans is the least cost effective yet...... bigger can = better saving)
Can be had for £49 at Go outdoors. can also get 24 canisters of gas for it for less than £30 on ebay/amazon so around same price as refill of 907. But as each contains a bit over 200 grams of gas (so 5 = a kilo) you are getting over 4 kilos of gas compared to less than 3 in 907. So bigger is not always cheaper

Back