Cadac - Which Gas Supply?

Teesix

T6 Guru
I'm having a bit of trouble locating Cadac gas. Can I use the Coleman C500 Gas Cartridges With My Cadac?

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

So this one would do?:
Reca 37 mbar Low Pressure Propane Gas Regulator

ha344-1.jpg

I have a cadac grillo chef and currently have the cadac dual power pack to us the threaded small gas cylinders.

I am wondering if there is a more cost effective gas supply.

Is it better to go for Butane, propane or campingaz cylinder? What size?

Thanks for any input.

I have a cadac grillo chef and currently have the cadac dual power pack to us the threaded small gas cylinders.

I am wondering if there is a more cost effective gas supply.

Is it better to go for Butane, propane or campingaz cylinder? What size?

Thanks for any input.

We have a cadac, but not yet used. By far the cheapest way is to use a 6kg propane gas bottle with a 37 mb gas regulator(quickest way to get the regulator and gas pipe is go outdoors). Butane gas will not vaporise below freezing point( just in case you like cooking in winter)!!
Hope this helps a little

We have a cadac, but not yet used. By far the cheapest way is to use a 6kg propane gas bottle with a 37 mb gas regulator(quickest way to get the regulator and gas pipe is go outdoors). Butane gas will not vaporise below freezing point( just in case you like cooking in winter)!!
Hope this helps a little

Yes, that’s very helpful thanks. So if I buy a propane bottle then are the refills done on an exchange basis or do I refill the otter I’ve bought?

I have a bbq point connected to my 907 bottle. Not yet used it though. That may be cheaper then the disposable bottles if you are using it near the van.

Yes, that’s very helpful thanks. So if I buy a propane bottle then are the refills done on an exchange basis or do I refill the otter I’ve bought?
the calor propanes are exchange bottles but you have to pay refundable deposit when you first get one or find someone who getting rid of one the calor bottles are in different groupings ie if you found a 3.9kg bottle you can exchange for a bottle in that group but not a bigger one in another group if that makes sense its on their web site
plus check your cadac will run on propane my cadac safari is available in both high and low pressure versions my low pressure works on both butane and propane

the calor propanes are exchange bottles but you have to pay refundable deposit when you first get one or find someone who getting rid of one the calor bottles are in different groupings ie if you found a 3.9kg bottle you can exchange for a bottle in that group but not a bigger one in another group if that makes sense its on their web site
plus check your cadac will run on propane my cadac safari is available in both high and low pressure versions my low pressure works on both butane and propane
My cadac can use both and also the screw thread disposable camping gas cylinders.
I’m not that keen on getting manky cylinders that I don’t know where they have been in my van.
How long would a 3.9kg one last? Or is the 6kg a better bet?

My cadac can use both and also the screw thread disposable camping gas cylinders.
I’m not that keen on getting manky cylinders that I don’t know where they have been in my van.
How long would a 3.9kg one last? Or is the 6kg a better bet?

The smaller the bottle the price Increases drastically. I’ve always said a gas bottle will last for ever if u don’t use it!! So how long it lasts obviously depends on useage. I have a 6kg bottle and it lasts a year in my caravan . Also don’t forget there are also other gas companies eg Flogas, who are very competitive on price( but sometimes not as easy to find a supplier)
Storage is also another point to consider

Trouble is both campingaz and calor propane are exchange bottles so you never know the condition of the outside you can always pick the cleanest looking or make a cover for it
i get mine from the calor main outlet they supply all the other outlets and their bottles always seem to be repainted and in tip top condition
if your that bothered about the bottle always being pristine you could get the gaslow refillable bottle you buy out right keep and refill the same bottle
as far as someone giving you a manky looking empty bottle if you get it for free just go and pay to exchange it for a full one

I use this for both my cadac / Thetford grill although not available on Calor’s online shop still available from my local dealer...nice and light easy to carry

3669E6D9-FD38-4572-A25D-03F275A9DE86.jpeg

Back