Cable routing layout for under passenger seat.

flo.flowers

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’ve had an unsuccessful search for pictures & posts of cables coming into the cab from the engine compartment to be routed under the passenger seat.
It’s the routing I’m actually after recommendations for.
Should I go down the centre as per the factory loom or follow down the wheel arch and run along down by the step?
3 cables; the dc-dc +ve, the 1.5mm2 arctic and a 6mm2 cable.

Cheers,
flo

I’ve had an unsuccessful search for pictures & posts of cables coming into the cab from the engine compartment to be routed under the passenger seat.
It’s the routing I’m actually after recommendations for.
Should I go down the centre as per the factory loom or follow down the wheel arch and run along down by the step?
3 cables; the dc-dc +ve, the 1.5mm2 arctic and a 6mm2 cable.

Cheers,
flo
Hi mine sort of went like this ...but I’ve got carpet on top so not too tidy :)

DEDC7FE4-8F0D-4E44-BC5C-04C3FDD67B08.jpeg184F7A0A-8DE8-45A9-81F4-E32653C3AEDE.jpeg
ps....from the rear of the battery you should find a grommet this gets the cables into the scuttle area ..remove trim under wipers.. on the passenger side more grommets this gets the cable into the rear of dashboard

3B8C4E0B-7BE5-46D4-BDD5-83E572E14588.jpeg

Last edited:
Personally I'd run them down the centre. You've got space to hide them without them being felt under foot.

I ran the power cables from the battery grommet down the L/H wheel arch and around the step as there is a void there under the top flange of the plastic trim so nothing gets squashed or felt under foot. They can be routed in from the base of the B pillar as there is already a large channel there under the mat with a conduit. I added all the wiring from the cabin here too as these all came down the B pillar from the roof. Everything from the dash runs down the centre following other cables from the factory as in the picture above.

Back