Cab heater only blowing cold air

Finally got my heating controls fixed!
The issue was the white arm in the picture. One of the ends had snapped off.
Now replaced with a 3D printed one (black)View attachment 233109
I have spares so feel free to message me or email me (shepherdkai@hotmail.com) should anyone be in the same situation and need one!
Where abouts is this? I have yet to locate it behind the driver side dash looking up from the floor with the black underside removed.
Must be great getting it sorted

Finally got my heating controls fixed!
The issue was the white arm in the picture. One of the ends had snapped off.
Now replaced with a 3D printed one (black)View attachment 233109
I have spares so feel free to message me or email me (shepherdkai@hotmail.com) should anyone be in the same situation and need one!
Did you manage to replace this without taking the dash out? Also any pics of the offending broken part from below? Like Hamster I'm still struggling to locate mine in Sportline T6 with climate control.

The offending part was the white arm in the photo above. I found the broken end (the circular bit at each end) and superglued it back together to get the exact original shape.

No need to take the dash out. Very difficult to get to but not impossible. Will take some photos of its location.

Pleased to have it back working!

The offending part was the white arm in the photo above. I found the broken end (the circular bit at each end) and superglued it back together to get the exact original shape.

No need to take the dash out. Very difficult to get to but not impossible. Will take some photos of its location.

Pleased to have it back working!
Any photos greatly appreciated. Just got my T6 back from EGR pipe replacement at Leeds garage and that was twice the quoted price so defo can't afford to have them do it!

The red arrow points to the black 3D printed arm. You have to remove the bolt to release it from the motor.
Its fiddly and a pain in the arse but doable without taking the dash out.
Theres another bolt around the corner (opposite the blue one) that was just loosened off, as to get to that you would need to remove more of the dash.
Hope this helps
IMG_1172.jpegIMG_1173.jpeg

The red arrow points to the black 3D printed arm. You have to remove the bolt to release it from the motor.
Its fiddly and a pain in the arse but doable without taking the dash out.
Theres another bolt around the corner (opposite the blue one) that was just loosened off, as to get to that you would need to remove more of the dash.
Hope this helps
View attachment 233613View attachment 233614
Thank you for posting that, there seems to be something missing or broken from mine in comparison.

I never thought this would take so long to fix, I can only assume my whole arm has broken off and fell down the bottom of the centre console.

20240320_160855.jpg

20240320_161112.jpg

I'm wondering if mine is different too. I'm going to take cover off and look if it's fine tomorrow aft

I came across this in ebay. it's the cable you can see in my pic. It's listed as a defroster valve pull cable.

I'm trying to get a detailed drawing of the parts that should be connected to it.

At the minute none of the heater controls move the white plastic piece connected to it.

I found my problem today. The aftermarket dial that I had fitted was not catching, so whilst the dial was turning nothing was happening behind.

I put the original back on and stuck my head under the dash and the cable was operating as it should.

A two minute fix after 2 months of fearing the worst.
20240324_123915.jpg20240320_160904.jpg

That's great! Could you tell me which panel you need to remove to see this under the dash...and how please? I've looked today and can't see a way to remove either the grey one (nearest driver) or the black one (nearest Pedals).

Also how did you remove the dial? Unlikely to be that as I haven't replaced mine but could be an easy place to just check. Still think mine is related to the bit of metal I found in the footwell.

Thank you. .and glad.you got yours fixed

Watch a YouTube video on dash removal. A trim removal tool will prize the dial off, the light grey trim can remain in place.

The black trim that is underneath the dash is all that needs to be removed in order for you to look up and see what mechanism moves the flaps that blend the cold/ warm air.

There were only 2 screws, the rest were clips.

Back