Cab divider solution

a5cyt

t32 204 kombi highline lwb with dsg.
T6 Pro
does anyone know if its still possible to fit cab divider curtains in a t6 with a sunroof, and not drill through anything in the roofspace ??

Looking for recommendations for these. I see offerings from Van X, Van Style, and veedub transporters and wondered what was best or any other companies.

Hi all,

We've had our campervan a year, love it and all that, one downside for me is our need for an awning, I want to get away for one or two nighters and its just not feasible with having to set up an awning. Well doable but hard sell to get everyone out the door for a night in the van.

Our setup is me, the mrs and our two year old lad. If we have the awning, he gets to bed around 7, we then sit in the awning. What I've just bought (set to be delivered later today) is this: German Quality Cab Child Bunk for VW T5 / T6 - NLA VW Parts and the idea is to get a small airbed matt to go over it, the little one will then sleep on there leaving us in the back.

Sound not too concerned about, what I am trying to do though is having something to put up to pretty much block the back off from the cab. There are curtains: Van-X | VW T5 / T6 Cab Divider Eco Curtain Kit, though not sure how that will work with the pop top, I have a cover that slides across (see attached image), suppose it could attach to that.

I'm thinking of all kinds of solutions, some standard hooks and some old curtains, some ply wood. We would then only take it when we plan to stay one or two nights.

Wondered if there are any better solutions or if anyone has got it setup.

View attachment 15191

20171107_151334.png

Well I have a short term solution, will need a bigger throw over but yes, just wedged it in with the pop top cover, jobs a good un.

20171107_152610.png

can you sew magnets to the edges so they clip to any metal work making a better seal, might help in some areas

Hi all,

Does anyone know the material that is typically used for campervan curtains, its quite stretchy and light, yet blocks out the light pretty well. I'm looking to buy some for a make shift cab divider.

Cheers

Anyone have one with pop roof?
The ones I see available on Ebay don't look like they'll fit ?

I have one. I use it when stealth camping without the pop top up or a screen cover on (which used to be every week before Covid). I fixed the rail to a length of wood that is about the same length as the width of the pop top bed. That way it rests on the same edge as the pop top bed and can be easily removed.

I have recently bought some blackout curtains with a rail. When looking to fit them it seems I can only really fit the rail under the top up so the rail will be attached to pop up.
Ok when it’s not open but if I open the pop up, obviously the curtains will hang down and look a bit silly.
I don’t want to detach them every time I open the pop up.
Anyone had this issue and found a solution.
All the videos I’ve looked at are basically without a pop up!!
Annoying me now!!

I have recently bought some blackout curtains with a rail. When looking to fit them it seems I can only really fit the rail under the top up so the rail will be attached to pop up.
Ok when it’s not open but if I open the pop up, obviously the curtains will hang down and look a bit silly.
I don’t want to detach them every time I open the pop up.
Anyone had this issue and found a solution.
All the videos I’ve looked at are basically without a pop up!!
Annoying me now!!
I managed it in my old t5 will try find some pics and post them up for you.

There are at least three different threads on this subject, maybe they need merging?

Back