T6 140 Highline Indium Grey
VIP Member
T6 Pro
hi all,

As the post says I thinking of changing the cab standard mat to carpet,

Can this be bought from VW as it wasn't standard on my van,

Any part numbers or advice would be greatly appreciated

It's a VW part so should be available but I imagine it would be expensive
Not sure how confident you are taking the van to bits but it would be quite extensive to fit, the seats and bases would need to be removed completely along with the handbrake as the floor runs through underneath them also parts of the lower dash would need to come off as the flooring runs up behind them and locates over metal studs protruding from the bulkhead

If you are interested I can check availability and get you a price and/or part number for it

when I got my sportline,it should have come with carpet fitted but came with the standard rubber, and they were a bit reluctant to change it ,but customer services made them do it. I found out why they didn't want to change it,because it cost about £450, and it was cheap old felty carpet that everything sticks to.

The price doesnt surprise me unusual and/or bulky VW items seem to carry a hefty price tag !

when I got my sportline,it should have come with carpet fitted but came with the standard rubber, and they were a bit reluctant to change it ,but customer services made them do it. I found out why they didn't want to change it,because it cost about £450, and it was cheap old felty carpet that everything sticks to.
I should blooming well think they changed it. They'd built it incorrectly! What is it with them that they try and shirk their responsibility?

Hi thanks for the info, yeah I'm pretty confident with most things,

If you wouldn't mind could you find out for me and let me know please

It's on my to do list so might as well get on with it

@Yorkyrmcdo - out of curiosity why are you not leaving the rubber floor in and just adding a carpet over the top? That way it's easy to swap out later when its knackered - I.e tailored carpets that are the correct shape for the exposed areas

Last edited:
@Yorkyrmcdo - out of curiosity why are you not leaving the runner floor in and just adding a carpet over the top? That way it's easy to swap out later when its knackered - I.e tailored carpets that are the correct shape for the exposed areas

@xpfloyd thats a option and why I've come on here to tap in to these options and experience

I'm guessing you would just use something like MVM Carper and adhesive and fit as you would if you did the rear of the van

I should blooming well think they changed it. They'd built it incorrectly! What is it with them that they try and shirk their responsibility?
well when I ordered my sportline, carpet was included in the cab comfort pack but as it took 11 monthes to get it ,they made it a separate ordering item,so I guess that's why I never got it from the factory. guess they didn't have anyone with enough brain power to work that one out

Someone posted details of a stripey, removable cab carpet recently. I was telling the Mrs about it, but couldn't find it again. Anyone have a link?

Rugs for bugs. that's them. I didn't bookmark them as I knew they had an easy to remember name!

Thanks

hello
I'm close on purchasing a new T6. The vehicle they have found comes with front cab carpet instead of the rubber flooring. Has anyone got an opinion on the carpet quality. My preference would be rubber I think as that's what I've got in my T5. Wondering if the carpet quality is any good? Thanks

Our kombi came with a carpet fitted to the cab and soft rubber floor to the rear. It also has the heavy duty rubber mats each side. The carpet is ok, the only rubber floor I've seen was hard, figure it's got to be more practical for keeping clean. Rugs for bugs do a nice cab carpet if you go rubber and change your mind

Loving the spongey rubber floor, i could quite easy sleep on the rear floor, it's that comfortable.

So just out my conversion doesnt include carpeting the cab (£95 from the factory) and VW need £670 including VAT for carpet!!Convertor assures me would need proper carpet kit as impossible to cover without it looking lumpy bumpy.Any advice folks?

Back