C&cc Introduce A Friend

CAB

Leisuredrive Vivante
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Looks like I picked the wrong week to start camping!

Anyway, both club's sites are still open, so looking to join the Camping & Caravanning Club today to book some sites.

Anyone want to recommend me and get the £10 voucher, hamper and fleece? I will PM my details to the first to claim it, as long as you can fill in the form on the website by this eve.

Stay safe,
CAB.

I’d like to recommend you if possible please.

it’s a good club, and I’ve been a member for a couple of years.

Pete.

D’oh, too slow again!

Hope you have a great trip. Please feedback your experience as we would like to go away soon.

Need the van first!

Wanted to book the weekend after half term, so thought I'd better get on with it. Either they are going to be closed, or empty, or packed with everyone who would have gone abroad. All up in the air at the moment, but best to plan in advance.

I need to get away soon. For my sanity. I’ve done one night away on my own since Oct, which is the last time the family came with me. Heck, if we’re 6m away from another van, that’s social distancing right?

Sorry I thought you meant you were on your way somewhere!

We were planning to go to camperfest in half term and tour up through wales to get there but that’s postponed now so I was thinking that planning would be useless and was going to play it by ear. But maybe getting a booking in or two maybe be the way to play it.

I wish! I was trying to shoehorn in an Airplane reference, it wouldn't have been so funny with 'planning' instead of 'camping'. But then, no-one commented, so can't have been that funny anyway :(

Been researching the van since November; put the deposit down on 1st Feb (those first two weeks felt like two months!); been planning and buying stuff since then. No idea how it's all going to fit in!

Both of us like to have things planned and booked, not good with just turning up and hoping to find somewhere. The Caravan & Motorhome Club don't require a deposit, so we've booked some sites; the C&CC require a deposit, but presume that will be refunded or vouchered if they have to close. My travel insurance should cover it if we are ill or isolating, but it isn't huge money if not.

Might be the case that there is a huge increase in UK holiday-making; I saw another thread commented that caravans are selling like hotcakes. Better to book and not be able to go, than to be able to go and not have anywhere booked, IMHO :D

Unfortunately, proposed this tonight and the boss says no. She is a nurse so not sure if she will get her planned vacation and doesn’t want to plan anything until there is a bit more certainty in the world.

So if we do get away it will be set off and see.

Sorry, I am a bit slow sometimes, I didn’t get the joke but it has been a long day!

Back