Buying Advice

Darrenlm

Hi, I've seen a nice T6 140bhp, kombi van, its a 2016 early version for sale for £29k:
Spec:
highline
140bhp (not remapped)
6 speed.
Air conditioning
Cruise control
Reversing sensors
Double captains seats
2+1 kombi seats
Fully carpeted lined and insulated
Lowered
Touch screen satnav
Full leather upholstery
23k on the clock

any opinions on the price, does it sound ok? I have no idea to be honest and its a load of money for me!
Thanks

Hmmm....seems like big bucks to me.
You should be able to a 17 plate, Euro 6 150 Highline Kombi with low miles (up to 10K) from a VW dealer for around £22-23K
So, the additional £6-7K gets you lowered suspension, carpet lining and insulation, and full leather...

The price seems a bit high to me but here's hoping for very high resale values :). Also, the 140bhp suggests that it has the Euro 5 engine, if it was me (others will have a different opinion), I would be looking for something a bit newer with the Euro 6 engine purely to give the van a bit more longevity in an unknown future political environment and/or market for second hand diesels, i.e. we don't know what measures are going to be imposed in the coming years but it seems reasonable to expect Euro 6 engines to survive a bit longer politically than Euro 5.

Agreed too expensive
I have the exact same van 2016 140 and paid £23k + vat when it was a couple months old with only a few thousand on the clock and have owned it for over two years now

Agree with all the other comments, that price is way to high.
Personally I’m happier with my Euro 5 and wouldn’t swap into a Euro 6 for all the tea in China. Haven’t seen any reports relating to issues with the E5 versions. You’ve only got to look at all of the EGR/ Adblue/ DPF issues being discussed on here, and that is what makes me really pleased I have the E5. Yes there will always be a pup in all vehicles, but the reports suggest it’s a bit wider spread than the odd ‘Friday afternoon’ vehicle.
So my thinking as the other end of the spectrum to @Davenjo, sorry, but just giving balance.:thumbsup:

ULEZ in London already stipulates Euro 6 for diesels with Derby, Nottingham, Birmingham, Leeds and Southampton about to follow suit - you can guarantee lots of others will also jump on the band wagon.

Agreed there were seemingly lots of reports of issues with some Euro 6 engines with loads of posts but the number of people with issues, given that all production from late 2016 has been these engines, was not that big and I think the issues have largely been resolved??

I’ll stick with my pig pee drinking camper thanks :)

But would ever want to go to those places ;):rolleyes:
Lol - I know what you mean I hate big cities and avoid like the plague but all cities will follow suit sooner rather than later - the thought of paying extra every time I go to see my beloved Tigers play would pain me. :)

Back