Buying a T6 with high mileage

wayneg

204 T32 DSG LWB Shuttle
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a June 2017 204 DSG Shuttle but it has 83,000 on the clock? Initially I dismissed this van due to the mileage but I'm now thinking it may not be so bad? Any thoughts on this and other things I should be looking out for? Should it of had a cambelt change and how often is DSG oil changed on these?

Thanks in advance

Wayne

I think it depends on who owned/drove it and what service history it has ?

As Pauly says previous use is everything. 83k on motorways is one thing but if it's stop start short distances like a town taxi ? Then I'd run a mile.

I would be asking about the previous owner and looking for the service history .................

I do high miles and pamper my T6 way beyond what most owners do, and always sell on some really well looked after vehicles.

Then I am quite unique.

Thanks guys. I'm buying it from a VW dealer but I do know that it had been used for airport runs previously. It has full service history but they can only officially confirm the one DSG oil change recently. It looks mint and has only just had the plastic taken off of the carpets and the leather looks tip top. It will come with the 12 months approved used warranty and I can extend it once I hit 100,000 apparently. The deposit is down now, so I'm hoping I've made the right choice!

Hello All,
New to the forum, been lurking for a while learning what I can. Finally going to commit and but my first T6 for a camper conversion. It's a T6 highline Kombi in my budget, The only issue is the mileage 125k. It does have a full VW service history and the dealer claims they are all motorway miles.

My question is, is 125k miles to risky and what things should have been changed out during servicing what should I look out for.
Price is 14.5k with a year servicing.
Sorry if all this has been answer before I just couldn't find it on the forums.. Thanks

Personally I wouldn't have a problem buying a higher mileage VW if it's got full history. Mine is 19 months old and I've covered 50k in mine, it's still mint, and still drives as tight as a drum.

What year is it? and is that plus VAT?

Welcome to the forum by the way

Hi I'm new to the forum and have just bought a 17 plate T32 4motion with 120k on the clock. General response I get from friends is I am mad to purchase a vehicle with so many miles.

As a form of reassurance what sort of miles have members here run up on their vans?

( The higher the happier I will be)

Hi I'm new to the forum and have just bought a 17 plate T32 4motion with 120k on the clock. General response I get from friends is I am mad to purchase a vehicle with so many miles.

As a form of reassurance what sort of miles have members here run up on their vans?

( The higher the happier I will be)
I’ve got a 17 plate T32 4 mo with 113k on it. Drives fine. Look on the forum and see the problems people have at 20k, 30k etc and just forget about the mileage.

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. I paid for an in depth check on the van today ( deposit only paid) and seen it has been off road no mot or tax since Oct last year, this worries me.

For the same price I can purchase two vans.

One is 17 plate T32 4 motion 150 bhp 6speed Trendline with124k on the clock with no mot for 7 months.

The other an 18 plate 5speed trendline 102bhp 5speed Trendline with 68 k and mot til Aug.

Any thoughts on which way to go?

Decisions decision

I personally wouldn’t want the 5 speed 102, but many people are happy with them.
But…….I’d also want to know why that 2017 has been off road for so long, considering their current high value.
Maybe the answer is to buy neither and keep searching and include the higher mileage vans in your search, but with good, verifiable history.

Thanks Ed for the reply, it arrived two hours after I shook hands on the 102bhp trendline. Full VW SH and mint throughout, I lost £400 deposit on the T32 4motion ( my own fault)

Not being 100% sure of the missing 7 months made the decision for me, it has only spent 10 weeks on the used cars section.
Hopefully I will grow to love the 102bhp also.

Looking into that at the moment after reading a thread questioning the power output of the 102bhp engine.

I always thought engine mapping was a boy racer thing that would put stress on other engine parts.

Seems that is just something else I was wrong about, if the fuel economy can be improved along with improved power its a no brainer.

Thank you for the advice Glenrick, I'm assuming you have done it yourself?

Yes mate I’ve done it and it is great my friend has a 6 speed 150 bhp and when we go to Silverstone together I get there and back and runaround for a bit and he has to refuel at Doncaster on the way back

Back