CoolKit

Pedro

Sock Model
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Right , this is going to be a bit like war and peace so I'll crack on.
My van needs to be refrigerated for work so after looking around numerous options I decided on going for a under chassis conversion with COOLKIT, who are based in Burnley, Lancashire.
The conversion was to cost the best part of £5000, and part of the deal was that they hired me a refrigerated vehicle which was a brand new Renault trafic.
The one thing I stipulated was that the control display ( which shows the temperature in back) was not to be placed on the dash at all but to be placed in the headlining cubby hole.
Long story short, van is now 2 weeks over due, due to the Italian factory where the refrigeration unit is coming from shutting down for a week without telling anyone !!!!!!
The Renault trafic that they lent me broke down on Tuesday ( yes the top pipe for the coolant split, releasing the coolant all over the engine bay, this was followed by an hours wait for the RAC followed by being towed to Liverpool Renault who then informed me that they couldn't even look at the van until Monday !!!! Renault at its finest.....
So had to continue deliveries in wife's BMW ( not the best )
So after sending a very well worded email explaining all the false promises, delivery dates, reasons for failure the placing of the display on the dash ( yes they placed it on the dash) , it has since been removed and put where I requested and the dash part replaced ( where the lighter is) they offered me as a goodwill gesture free delivery of the van and a full tank of fuel !!!!!
I explained that the taxi's I had to get from Renault to my wife's work, and subsequent ones for wife to take kids to school and to get to and from work while I use her car cost more than this alone......
End result is delivery of van tomorrow, full tank of fuel and £300 off conversion....
Just please be aware if anyone else thinking of this company ....:thumbsdown:

Well at least you persuaded them to man up. There are plenty out there who wouldn't - would you like me to name a few :devil:

Sorry to hear your bad luck @Pedro, hopefully getting the van back will put a smile back on your face..... Get some shots up for team grey when it lands!!!

Sorry to hear your bad luck @Pedro, hopefully getting the van back will put a smile back on your face..... Get some shots up for team grey when it lands!!!

Thanks @Walski , really can't wait to get her back, will post pics as soon as she lands, also received a call from vanstyle today, bringing my date forward a week for its roof, side bars and roof spoiler so at least a positive today :thumbsup:

Sounds like they met their match with you @Pedro, well done. i do wonder how some business survive with some of the service i get......and do really well! I must have the wrong idea somewhere

looking forward to seeing it kid :thumbsup:

Sounds like they met their match with you @Pedro, well done. i do wonder how some business survive with some of the service i get......and do really well! I must have the wrong idea somewhere

looking forward to seeing it kid :thumbsup:

I know @StudleyGlass , I would never dream of treating any of my customers like that, it's just people caring about what they do and how they conduct themselves, problem is not everyone is cut from the same cloth .....:thumbsup:

Right , this is going to be a bit like war and peace so I'll crack on.
My van needs to be refrigerated for work so after looking around numerous options I decided on going for a under chassis conversion with COOLKIT, who are based in Burnley, Lancashire.
The conversion was to cost the best part of £5000, and part of the deal was that they hired me a refrigerated vehicle which was a brand new Renault trafic.
The one thing I stipulated was that the control display ( which shows the temperature in back) was not to be placed on the dash at all but to be placed in the headlining cubby hole.
Long story short, van is now 2 weeks over due, due to the Italian factory where the refrigeration unit is coming from shutting down for a week without telling anyone !!!!!!
The Renault trafic that they lent me broke down on Tuesday ( yes the top pipe for the coolant split, releasing the coolant all over the engine bay, this was followed by an hours wait for the RAC followed by being towed to Liverpool Renault who then informed me that they couldn't even look at the van until Monday !!!! Renault at its finest.....
So had to continue deliveries in wife's BMW ( not the best )
So after sending a very well worded email explaining all the false promises, delivery dates, reasons for failure the placing of the display on the dash ( yes they placed it on the dash) , it has since been removed and put where I requested and the dash part replaced ( where the lighter is) they offered me as a goodwill gesture free delivery of the van and a full tank of fuel !!!!!
I explained that the taxi's I had to get from Renault to my wife's work, and subsequent ones for wife to take kids to school and to get to and from work while I use her car cost more than this alone......
End result is delivery of van tomorrow, full tank of fuel and £300 off conversion....
Just please be aware if anyone else thinking of this company ....:thumbsdown:
I understand your frustrations, but believe me when you rely on others in order to deliver your service it can be very frustrating. And Also I would put VW right up their for sh!t customer service, my T5 Vel 2004 was a disgrace, and 1 dealer and VW (UK) were completed lying weasels. At least you have been sorted out, I have been left out of pocket many times with VW. And still I buy another... :confused::confused::confused:

I understand your frustrations, but believe me when you rely on others in order to deliver your service it can be very frustrating. And Also I would put VW right up their for sh!t customer service, my T5 Vel 2004 was a disgrace, and 1 dealer and VW (UK) were completed lying weasels. At least you have been sorted out, I have been left out of pocket many times with VW. And still I buy another... :confused::confused::confused:
Ha ha - same here. I'd probably buy another LR Defender too and that was even worse!!

image.jpeg image.jpeg Well, I've had my van back since Friday afternoon, don't work weekends so first got to use fridge unit yesterday and today, the unit in the rear of the van is leaking coolant ( which is like a clear oil) against the white bulkhead , and has already stained some of the white sealant they have used.
Then due to them having to feed some small wires in the headlining they have broken 2 of the clips in the headlining strip, and instead of replacing them have decided to improvise and use 2 good blobs of white sealant to stick it back.....
Needless to say, their engineer is coming at 8.00 in morning to fix leak and "assess" the broken clips...
COOLKIT, in BURNLEY...... BEWARE:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Back