Bungee to use on the pop up top bellows

TeresaE

T6 Pro
hi guys

We are thinking of buying the bellows bungee to help protect the pop up top fabric getting caught in the fabric.
Do any of you guys use it and how easy is it fit.
Many thanks
T

You mean fabric caught in the hinges??

Just my ha’pence worth.
Thought about it but I decide that there was no need.

Just put the top away carefully. It’s easy enough to drop the top a few inches, pinch both sides and pull them inwards, clear of the hinges.
Then drop as normal.

Last edited:
Mine has an elasticated strap on clips at either end. If it’s windy the chances of nipping the fabric are much greater.. as my friends who ripped theirs will tell you!

Our roof (SCA194) has elastic straps/bungees incorporated into the design - these definitely help with pulling the fabric in and getting it folded neatly. However, we still have to give the fabric a gentle tug in on each side as the roof drops beyond about half way as the bellows effect naturally blows the fabric out.

My Westfalia roof has one in the design as standard too, better safe than sorry. If you want one I believe they sell them on the Cali club site.

We were advised when we picked up our van to close the Reimo roof in a particular way.... keep the side door or window open, fix the elasticated strap to pull the sides in, then pull down sharply about halfway. The sides will bellow out but will then naturally be pulled back in by the slight vacuum inside (honest). We then make sure the clear plastic front window is folded along its bottom seam before closing to stop it creasing and causing a mark. Then strap it down with the friction straps...

Hope that helps?

Ditto for us with the Reimo process. No problems and still only takes less than a minute. Not worth rushing.

Hi, thanks for for advice. We’ve had our van about 8 months and are very careful about lowering the top, but heard about them and wondered if it would be worth having. :)

You get the problem with Cali's if you are not careful, we cought ours on the way down & it wrecked the roof though we got it done under warranty but it was never the same after. The beach is done by hand so safer was you can watch it. You should not have a problem if you watch it and check the bellows is inside.

An old post. Theres a few people making these. I am making these in different colours for different length vans. Give me a shout if interested.
20200401_121754_resized.jpg 20200401_121810_resized.jpg 20200401_121827_resized.jpg 20200401_121840_resized.jpg 20200320_094553_resized.jpg

Could I possibly order a black Lwb one please? But I don’t use PayPal. Can I just do a bank transfer if poss
Rgds Paul

Back