DPDP

I've had a 2018 Highline SW T6 with factory tyres fitted for a while and find the ride very bumpy when not on a smooth road. Do I have tyre pressure to high (what should they be?) Do I need to change to new tyres or upgrade suspension...expensive. Any advice would be apreciated.

Which model is it - T28, T30 or T32, and how loaded is it ?
Also, what are your tyre pressures, and how does this compare with what the manual says ?
And finally :) what size wheels do you have ?

Pete

60 psi is way too much.
Our T30 is 48 front and 42 rear lightly loaded according to the manual/ sticker.
Others go lower than this.

Pete

60 psi sounds about right for the eco tyres. Check what the sticker says before lowering too much.

Tyre pressure is a strange one as regards the law. If you had the unfortunate misfortune to be involved in a serious incident and your tyre pressures are not set within a certain % if the vehicle manufacturers recommended pressures then the police would/ could prosecute.

Changing the shocks will give you a fabulous ride and sort all the issues , It has to be a hi quality shock my recommendation is the KONI Special active . these self adjust to the road conditions . If you need more info let me know

The standard VW shocks are poor quality and this is whats giving you the problems

Thanks for the info Steve. I will add this to my list of future upgrades. Are you a supplier or fitter by any chance if so I may be in touch. Im based in South Yorkshire.

Hi there , we are a distributor and fitment centre here in UK and we also have the privalege of controlling the importing of these products to South Africa ( where everone wants to lift Transporters _) WS11 0ET is our address

Changing the shocks will give you a fabulous ride and sort all the issues , It has to be a hi quality shock my recommendation is the KONI Special active . these self adjust to the road conditions . If you need more info let me know

The standard VW shocks are poor quality and this is whats giving you the problems

I have a T32 kombi and here in Surrey the roads are awful ... so what sort of cost should I budget for to change the shocks?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there , the T32 has a different front hub to all other vans ill contact you with a solution asap. KONI don't make a shock for the T32 but I am working with the factory to sort this out.
apologies, will let you know asap

Back