Bulb Warning Light After LED Headlight Retrofit.

Sean_uk03

VCDS User
VIP Member
Hi guys,
Hopefully a simple answer.

A friend of mine retrofitted led headlights last year to his T6, headlights only, no self levelling. Since then his bulb warning light is on anytime his headlights are on, is it just a case of deactivating in VCDS (I’ve seen tick boxes for light diagnostics) or is there more to it than that?? He doesn’t live local to me but is up the weekend.
He wants to sort it sooner rather than later as it’s got it’s first MOT in few months and warning lights on dash are obviously a no no.

Thanks in advance... :thumbsup:

I had a similar issue on my T5.1 after a xenon retrofit. The headlight bulb failure warning was coded out. But it also disables the cornering light function

Hi guys,
Hopefully a simple answer.

A friend of mine retrofitted led headlights last year to his T6, headlights only, no self levelling. Since then his bulb warning light is on anytime his headlights are on, is it just a case of deactivating in VCDS (I’ve seen tick boxes for light diagnostics) or is there more to it than that?? He doesn’t live local to me but is up the weekend.
He wants to sort it sooner rather than later as it’s got it’s first MOT in few months and warning lights on dash are obviously a no no.

Thanks in advance... :thumbsup:
OEM LED headlights or LED bulbs in halogen / aftermarket headlights?

Back