Bulb indicator light on dashboard lit after removal of the ceiling light [Resolved]

Jonjojo

Hello,

On our 2016 T6, we have just removed the roof and therefore the 2 ceiling lights (we will replace this with LED ceiling lights which will be connected to the secondary battery).

The problem is that since we disconnected these ceiling lights, on the dashboard there is the "bulb" indicator which is on.

Is there a way to simply remove this light?

Thank you !

8ngaY3M.jpg

Check all your exterior lights are working correctly, the dash does not indicate for interior lights but the interior lights do share a power circuit with the rear lights so make sure they are working

Check all your exterior lights are working correctly, the dash does not indicate for interior lights but the interior lights do share a power circuit with the rear lights so make sure they are working
Thank you for your reply. I've checked all my exterior lights and everything is fine.
I think I'll have to put a resistance :/ because I don't want the original lights since I'm converting my T6 into a camper.

Thank you for your reply. I've checked all my exterior lights and everything is fine.
I think I'll have to put a resistance :/ because I don't want the original lights since I'm converting my T6 into a camper.
Did you try reconnecting the ceiling lights? Did the bulb indicator light go out? I've removed ceiling lights many times and it does not throw a warning. As @Pauly said the interior lights are not monitored.

I have a 2016 T6 and have removed interior light without bring on the bulb warning.

Just a thought before you abandon the OEM interior lights, I always retain the original lights as well as the additional habitation area ones. That way when the van is not used as a camper but for general transport in winter etc. I can have the OEM interior lights in the rear working on the courtesy switch as normal. I also fit the rear one over the bed and use it last thing at night, that way if we go to sleep with the light left on the normal time-out switches it off. Food for thought.

I have founded the problem ! It was one of the two light of my number plate that was not working !
So it's great news, the interior light can be removed without problem :)
Please to hear that you have resolved the problem.

Back