Build Date And Wait Time

Jimmi

Television Lighting Engineer
T6 Guru
so the dealer tells me my build week is 44 (October 29th) and that we should see the van approx a month later. Does this sound realistic?

Took 6months for ours from order date for a new build . . . . . . =[

is yours a standard build or has it loads of extras?

4Motion
Diff Lock
DSG
LED Lights
Comfort Dash
Twin sliding doors
Power latching
And other bits, so quite high spec. 6 months will kill me!

As I understand it, it is the build date that’s the variable and is where the delays come. Once through the factory it’s 4-6 weeks away. I’d best guess you’ll get your van early/mid December.

My build week is this week so I should be hearing from my dealer in the next 10 days.

@fezza68 has an order that was 3 weeks earlier than mine. He’s been told to expect to collect 1st week in November.

As I understand it, it is the build date that’s the variable and is where the delays come. Once through the factory it’s 4-6 weeks away. I’d best guess you’ll get your van early/mid December.

My build week is this week so I should be hearing from my dealer in the next 10 days.

@fezza68 has an order that was 3 weeks earlier than mine. He’s been told to expect to collect 1st week in November.
Last winter my Sprinter had to get towed out of the mud about half a dozen times. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get held up for any reason. I need my little 4Motion for the winter!

we ordered 31st Oct 2017 and had delivery 27th April 2018

I think a couple of weeks of that was the UK sportline kit fitting bit.

Last winter my Sprinter had to get towed out of the mud about half a dozen times. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get held up for any reason. I need my little 4Motion for the winter!
Been there before . . . . . the 4M + DSG (inc diff lock)
is awsome for that..

had it our previous van.

Been there before . . . . . the 4M + DSG (inc diff lock)
is awsome for that..

had it our previous van.
I can’t wait to see how good it is, on some locations I have to cross load my kit into 4x4 pick ups because the Sprinter is useless even on a bit of wet grass.

Mine was ordered on October 30th last year, Highline with lots of extras and it arrived mid February.

I think you’ll be ok.

Certainly a nice feeling knowing the van is on the manufacturing line.

Great find that vid . . . . . . I've never seen that . . . .

ill have to set aside a hour at some point to watch all of it. =]

Great find that vid . . . . . . I've never seen that . . . .

ill have to set aside a hour at some point to watch all of it. =]
Its even better in the flesh ,I went 2years ago .brilliant tour ,got taken round in a convertible T4 ,all the germans had to walk round .
IMAG2069

@StueyStuey have you collected your van yet? My build week is this week.....but from what I’ve read that doesn’t mean much!

@StueyStuey have you collected your van yet? My build week is this week.....but from what I’ve read that doesn’t mean much!
Not yet.

The advice I’ve been given by a couple of dealers is that once the build date is confirmed then it’s possible to estimate the delivery time down to within a week or so.

My Kombi was released for shipping last week after going through the factory the week before. My dealer said he was expecting to see it arrive for PDI in 10-14 days (that was 7 days ago).

It must be killing you being so close! My build date was today.

I’m pretty cool about it now it’s I know it’s built. I’m patient enough all the time I know what’s going on.

Back