Broken Down

sparkywig

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So, after many years of VW transporter reliability without any issues whatsoever be it T4 or T6, it had to come to an end.
Van started this fine this morning, but then after about 30 miles the radio started to play up and the park pilot screen came up and wouldn't turn off, so I just switched off the radio.
Coming home this afternoon the dash lit up completely, turned off again except for the coil light and "stop-start error" displayed in the MFD section.
Lost engine power completely and it wouldn't rev above 1500.
So I have just been towed in to Heritage Automotive.

It's Friday, it's dark and probably raining, hopefully you're not still miles from home, it's at times like this that you wonder why you don't live somewhere nearer to the Equator, our thoughts are with you in this trying time.:(

It's not all bad, it's not raining. :laugh:
Heritage are near the centre of Bristol and I'm not in dirty work clothes, so I've arranged to meet up with a few mates to watch a couple of bands and have a few beers tonight.
The van can wait until tomorrow.

Now that's the attitude I'd like to have implanted into my brain please.

Keep us posted with the findings.....

Not seen those symptoms before...thinking main power or main gateway comms issue.

It's not all bad, it's not raining. :laugh:
Heritage are near the centre of Bristol and I'm not in dirty work clothes, so I've arranged to meet up with a few mates to watch a couple of bands and have a few beers tonight.
The van can wait until tomorrow.
Going to use this as an excuse to Lady P next time the boys have a big night planned.

Van's back, seems OK. I've just put 60 miles on it to make sure.
It seems that VW couldn't find any specific fault, but the battery voltage was low and main engine ground strap not tight. Alternator was tested and output OK, so they charged the battery and did a full system ecu reset.
They did ask if I'd been through any deep standing water previously though.

No charge, all under warranty and they topped the Adblue as well.

So it was a main power issue then..... (related)

Back