Broadchurch

Vinci

Residential Surveyor
T6 Guru
ok, this is a new series for me, and it’s compulsive viewing.
Question: the defence barrister defending a clearly guilty party.....how do they sleep at night, and how do they sleep if they get a guilty person off?………I do know this happens in the real world too

Enjoyed it so much we visited the area. 'West bay Dorset'. Beautiful place.
And a superb camp site a few miles away. Bingham Grange. Going again sometime in summer.

Question: the defence barrister defending a clearly guilty party.....how do they sleep at night, and how do they sleep if they get a guilty person off?………

It's part of our legal system I guess.
Everyone is entitled to a defence and if they really are "clearly guilty" then presumably they will be found guilty by a jury and justice will be done.

The level of proof required for a conviction on criminal proceedings must be 'beyond all reasonable doubt'. Somebody has to test that evidence to make sure a degree of doubt cant be introduced. Thats the defence lawyers job. If the prosecutions case is sound, then a conviction should follow. That's the theory atleast. Reality can be a little different. But procedure is one thing. Folks moral values and their conscience is a whole different ball game.

We think of defence lawyers with disgust getting guilty folk off. But when we all burst the legal speed limits, we feel we should get away with it, because, well just because we think we should. Human natures a funny old thing.

Hopping mad, he was found not guilty!!! I suppose it is an indicator of how well written and acted the series is that makes you give a reaction. Nice to recognise some of the locations around Clevedon and see the Wicker Man (off the M5 next Bridgwater).

I have started it....my daughter has now nicked the set and taken it to her mum’s. Very annoyed.

Back