Brighter Sidelights And Forget About The H4s?

Stay Frosty

Electrician
T6 Legend
Just been in Halfords for a wash sponge at £1 when I spotted some LED sidelight bulbs, as my existing drivers side LED sidelight bulb( an earlier purchase) had lost some output I went to get another pair.

Anyway while experiencing some dizzyness as I crouched to lunge at the bulb blister pack (always bottom shelf) I then spotted that they also had some slightly brighter alternatives... obviously they were double the price but these bad boys claim to be 200 Lumen output per lamp which I figure is already probably twice what an H4 halogen puts out on main beam... my thinking is should I simply buy more of these and scatter them around the inside of the headlight enclosure as they can't possibly be worse than the factory offering or would it be cheaper to wait until after Christmas and get some bargain 500 lamp strings from B&M?

Can't wait to see what these gleaming white sparklers look like tonight and if they're bright enough I'll try driving on sidelights and DRLs (just on the motorway) and see if that's an improvement on the H4s.:thumbsup::whistle:

I’ve got some super dooper Phillips H4 bulbs to stick in mine. I’ll report back once I’ve tried them.

Coming home in the dark a few nights ago the car behind me, with HIDs or LEDs, was lighting up the road better than my T6!!

I've got the Phillips H4 Racing Vision lamps in at the moment, they are marginally brighter than the original bulbs but they're never going to give that crispy whiter than white higher colour temperature of an LED source, basically anything above 4000 Kelvin is going to look spot on compared to the sub 3000K warm white of a Tungsten filament burning in Halogen gas.

Reading one of @Andy * s recent posts I'm inclined to follow his volte face:sneaky::thumbsup: and try some H4 LED bulbs, in my case the reluctance so far has been less a case of not wanting to be a law breaker so much as wasting £30 odd on adapted car park flood light chips that light everything but the road in front.

I also own a caterham and the tried, tested and recommended LED lamps on the Lotus Seven Club forum are from classiccarleds in Cheltenham.

They are my next port of call!

Ian

Back