Sold Brand new banded 17s and new tyres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
Being in this scene, I feel it's my personal responsibility to push the boundaries with my own money, just so others can learn the answers to the questions no one dares to ask.

Like for instance, would a 10" banded GP running a 50 profile tyre fit on a mega low static T6? No, it doesn't.

My options are to raise my van up, which I'd sooner eat mouldy bread, or order some 9.5" rears, or scrap the idea and revert back to my original wheels, so here we go.

FOR SALE:

A new set of Chrome banded 17" GP's in 9" and 10" staggered. Fitted with brand new Goodyear Vector 4's in 235/50/17.
These have done less than 10 miles and are literally 100% mint.

They will not be suitable for anyone that's as low as me, because the rear wheels are so wide that they touch the rear arches when driving enthusiastically.
Slightly higher than me and you will be fine, but I'm not raising mine now I'm where I am.
They are off my van now, cleaned and stacked in my garage.
They stand me at £1100 with the wheels and premium tyres, and this is a cheap way into the Banded scene. Please bare in mind that the tyres are not budgets, and cost more than the wheels, hence the price.
Vector 4's are a current favourite tyre of mine. They are very grippy, very quiet and awesome in the snow when we get it. (The 4 in Vector 4 means 4 seasons) so Mud and Snow rated.

They are based in Leicestershire, but as per all my sales, if I can help with delivery, I will if I'm working in your area.

Caps not included.

20210327_102022.jpg

Last edited:
I've got 2 options with these wheels.
I can get Jamie to make me up a pair of 9.5s and swap the rears over, which will fix my clearance issue, but obviously this will cost me more money. Or, I can loose £100 and drop these to £1000 and let someone else have the pleasure of owning them.

So I'm going to drop the price of these to £1000 for a few days and if no one buys them as they are, I will keep them and get a pair of 9.5s made up.
I actually really like the way the van looks on these wheels and they are really comfortable, but if I can save the hassle of getting another pair made up, and then swapping the tyres over to the new pair, risking damaging either the 10s or the new 9.5s, then I'd sooner sell and start again.

I keep getting daft swap offers on FB and Instagram for wheels that are of no interest to me, so this deal is to a member of T6F only.

I've got 2 options with these wheels.
I can get Jamie to make me up a pair of 9.5s and swap the rears over, which will fix my clearance issue, but obviously this will cost me more money. Or, I can loose £100 and drop these to £1000 and let someone else have the pleasure of owning them.

So I'm going to drop the price of these to £1000 for a few days and if no one buys them as they are, I will keep them and get a pair of 9.5s made up.
I actually really like the way the van looks on these wheels and they are really comfortable, but if I can save the hassle of getting another pair made up, and then swapping the tyres over to the new pair, risking damaging either the 10s or the new 9.5s, then I'd sooner sell and start again.

I keep getting daft swap offers on FB and Instagram for wheels that are of no interest to me, so this deal is to a member of T6F only.
Great offer to keep them in the forum - gotta love that! :thumbsup:

I've been eyeing them up, however I can't go any lower and according to will they fit they will be 17mm further down from the arch.:(
So what size tyres are you running now? Your Fuel wheels are 17” right?

If I didn’t already have and be so pleased with my banded Amaroks, I’d have been banging on his door yesterday for these beauties!:inlove:

So what size tyres are you running now? Your Fuel wheels are 17” right?
Currently on 225 60 17s, which sit near enough perfect in the arch. I think I'd need at least a 55 profile tyre in the gp's for them look similar in the arches.

I haven't decided which way to go yey, but I'm pretty sure Im going to go black wheels on a grey van.

Black banded wheels tend to loose what they are visually. I've tried it a couple of times and never kept them Black, or sold them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back