For Sale (Brand New) Amarok Steels & Goodyear Winter Tyres 95V

Kev_

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all,

I'm selling my brand new Amarok steels with Goodyear Ultragrip Performance + winter tyres (225/45/18). The wheels have been coated with Qtechniq C5 and have never been used. I have recently moved to Germany and I bought the wheels to run as winters but now I have been told that I can't because they don't have a TÜV certificate associated with the T6. I also have 4 center caps that will be included in the sale.

£900 ono

Collection will be from Preston, Lancashire.

Kev

20200907_144042.jpg

Last edited:
You thought about contacting VW head office in Germany to get them to provide a TUV cert for the wheels?

I don't think they will have one as the wheels aren't made or tested for a T6. They are really strict here and if you want to change the wheels you have to declare it on the TÜV. I'll be taking my T30 SoLow Suspension and Judd 20's off too as they don't have TÜV certification

I don't think they will have one as the wheels aren't made or tested for a T6. They are really strict here and if you want to change the wheels you have to declare it on the TÜV. I'll be taking my T30 SoLow Suspension and Judd 20's off too as they don't have TÜV certification
Do they sell and fit any after market wheels in Germany? How does that work?

Yes they do but they are very strict. So I found some wheels that were TÜV approved for the T6 but in the documentation it states that you can only use them with the standard suspension. I've since found some that are approved with both but you're very limited. That's why you see a lot of German modified cars and vans with the same wheels. When you get in to the detail the safety aspect of it makes sense. They declare all the modifications on what would be an MOT equivalent and pay for them there then you just insure at value.

Out of interest @Kev_ are you saying the officials weren't happy about the wheels, but didn't notice the tyres on 40s? or wasn't tyres mentioned?

@Tourershine you're right they're a 45, size recommend by the low boys on here.

We didn't get as far as tyres on these wheels just the fact that there is no TÜV approval for them to go on a T6 so they can't. It doesn't matter if you can prove their load rating as they're not approved for the vehicle in writing so the answer is no. The other thing is that you have to declare every modification on the TÜV when it's tested so you couldn't just swap from Alloys to steels as we do in the UK. The roof, swivel and bed all get declared and they check the fitting before you get the approval. Even the sportline bumper bit has to be declared and registered. No led bulbs are allowed unless they're original equipment.

I have a full size R&R bed in mine and no kitchen as I want the space a d have no intention of trying to register as a camper. They said if I want to register it as a can with windows the seat has to be in the middle like the kombi and not over the rear axle but if I have a €50 portable cooker (for indoor use) and a table (I have the door card one) then I can technically register it as a full camper and the bed can stay where it is. Not sure what that means when I move back to the UK?

Lots of info and if anyone needs any help on anything like this I'm happy to help from what I have learnt.

@Tourershine you're right they're a 45, size recommend by the low boys on here.

We didn't get as far as tyres on these wheels just the fact that there is no TÜV approval for them to go on a T6 so they can't. It doesn't matter if you can prove their load rating as they're not approved for the vehicle in writing so the answer is no. The other thing is that you have to declare every modification on the TÜV when it's tested so you couldn't just swap from Alloys to steels as we do in the UK. The roof, swivel and bed all get declared and they check the fitting before you get the approval. Even the sportline bumper bit has to be declared and registered. No led bulbs are allowed unless they're original equipment.

I have a full size R&R bed in mine and no kitchen as I want the space a d have no intention of trying to register as a camper. They said if I want to register it as a can with windows the seat has to be in the middle like the kombi and not over the rear axle but if I have a €50 portable cooker (for indoor use) and a table (I have the door card one) then I can technically register it as a full camper and the bed can stay where it is. Not sure what that means when I move back to the UK?

Lots of info and if anyone needs any help on anything like this I'm happy to help from what I have learnt.

Normally i'd of jumped all over a set of 18" Amaroks, and this advert got sent to me several times today through Whatsapp, but they are just over what i'd want to pay as a set of spare wheels, but totally get your valuation. I'm sure they will get sold pretty efficiently.

Last edited:
Safe is good yes.. but the German car/van scene must be really boring looking. Bit like wearing “safe shoes” on a night out.. not so cool looking!
The bit about the sportsline bumper :oops: that’s mental. Well what we think is mental but normal I guess over there. Im only kidding! I’ve been educated over the last few days about this whole TUV thing.. didn’t even know it was a thing!

I'll let you know what the new set up is like in comparison, the lads here are convinced they can get better lows so we'll see. Maybe just steel toe capped trainers :slow rofl:

:think smile bounce:

definitely tag me in whatever you do to the van in Germany! I’m interested to see what comes from it!

I always fancied driving down.. I don’t stand a chance.. that’s me impounded and on the back of a truck out of Germany!

sorry hijacking your for sale page here! Good lick with the sale!

Would I be right in thinking this only effects vehicles registered in Germany and wouldn't apply to vehicles visiting or touring there from other countries?

Would I be right in thinking this only effects vehicles registered in Germany and wouldn't apply to vehicles visiting or touring there from other countries?
I do know as for motorcycles that having a non OEM exhaust would cause big problems so my feeling is that it would apply to British vans also.

It would be a grey area I guess. You're expected to conform to the laws of the country that you visit. I suppose if they wanted to check it or if you were in an accident you might be in trouble.

What wheels are both of those!! I’m guessing the bottom are the judds? Both gorgeous and what I’m after...

Reactions: DWS
Back