VCDS Bedfordshire

Nauts

Hi all, looking for a vcds guru in north beds area, would like dial sweep, teardrop wipe, mph in mfd, locking on drive off and a few others.
Paul.

Ok can I add Milton Keynes or anywhere around 20 mins away please

Still Looking please, and willing to travel !

Have you looked at getting the carista app? Easy to use and pretty much does very thing you've mentioned.

Hi all, wondering if anyone could help?

I fitted the Van-x glove box.. and decided it would be a good idea to turn the ignition on half way through. I now have the airbag error message and light on the dash. Just wanted to know if anyone has or knows anyone near Bedford that could remove the error? And a rough price?

Cheers

Hi @AdzT6 I’m not far from you and have a Carista and a subscription if you need it. I’ll be about at the weekend.

Pete

Hi everyone!

Apologies if this is or isn't the right place for this post. I've found and learned so much from this forum but am having a real headache with my current problem.

I have the bulb out error come up on my dash when I depress the brake pedal. I have changed the bulbs (despite the bulbs working), tried checking and clearing codes with carista. Sometimes, on a really got day the error doesn't come up?

Anyway, long story short as all the bulbs are working I was wondering if anyone in or around the bedford area might have a vcds with which they could help me out, either by tracking down the problem or forcing the system not to check the rear lights etc.

I am happy and willing to pay anyone that can help me and am willing to travel a reasonable distance. Its one of those infuriating things that gets to me, I live this van and every time I get in it and see that bulb out late it really winds me up!

Byte 19 Bit 7 Lamp Diagnostics for Brake Lights active
uncheck bit 7

Possibly try a reset..?

Meanwhile

What faults are reported by Carista?

Sorry but also the third/high brake light? Before depressing brake - probably have tried turning on/off all the other lights, fogs front/rear, indicators, hazard, etc? DSG or manual?
Ah, I've not changed the high level lights, again they illuminate. I've turned on and tried all lights its only when I press the pedal that it comes up. Hadn't actually thought of trying to swap them out, just assumed being LED they wouldn't blow or cause an error.

Its a manual. 2012 T5.1 T32.

The only fault that comes up on carista is a stuck actuator flap for the air con (also not working, but that's another days headache)

Reactions: mmi
The only fault that comes up on carista is a stuck actuator flap for the air con
Now that's even more interesting if the related fault is not shown. Did you scan while having dash warning on? There definitely should be a related/clarifying fault code - however, turning ignition off/on turns the fault "inactive" thus possibly Carista is failing to show it - may be... haven't played much with Carista.

How did this turn out NoGear, did you find the fault with Carista?
I’m local to you and have just tried the ecu reset for multiple brake warnings and lights, without success.

No luck im afraid. Changed all the bulbs, tested all the fuses etc last weekend. After a bit of research i "think" its down to the rear clusters not being from a 5.1 when changed by the previous owner after a knock on the rear. Not sure how to tell if my lights are from a T5, T5.1, T6 etc. This article i found highlights my issue at the end however. ..

So I am trying to find someone locally who has vcds or vag com to help me code it out.

Back