Brake caliper painting

So does painting calliper's affect warranty?
Best ask VW by email then you have a definitive answer and a record.
The chances of a brake caliper developing a fault within the warranty period is very low.
If you get paint / thinner on the piston or sliding pins gaiters they might deteriorate faster.

Anyone with an Ascot grey van painted there calipers? looking for inspiration any pics..??
Take a peak here, plenty of inspiration.

I brush painted mine. First one off the van-massive faff and hard to get back on without damaging the paint.
Other 3 on the van.
I used a drill attachment to get the surface pretty good.
The caliper paint is hard to brush on-runs, drags, etc.
If doing again I’d mask up and spray them.
hi just jumping on this thread,wanting mine spraying copper bronze to match the paintwork ,question is will it affect the vehicle warranty?
t.i.a
johnny boy

Hi, just looking to pick people’s brains. Has anyone different colour calipers and trims at all. I have red trims but was thinking of painting the calipers yellow. Just curious as to how it might look or if they should really be the same colour.

IMG_6237.jpeg

I contemplated on doing mine, however I found out the guy I use to do some minor body work for me also paints callipers. The colour I chose was Ferrari Modena Yellow solely because I felt the Yellow stood out better than Orange and did not want Red. I also wanted some small decal applied. It might not be to every one's taste, however I have had more positive than negative feed back.So I guess that's a good thing!

tempImage0nM0Cs.png

tempImageSzlLNY.png

Back