Bottle Jack -

The one I got was very close to lifting the tyre so if you can fit either of those in it should be fine (I think!). I can't fit either of them under the front jacking Point though
Try lifting as high as the jack will go then drop down and before the suspension settles, wind the adjuster up and lift again, sometimes gets a bit more lift

I've got a 4tonne one. Virtually the same price and size as the 2tonne version they were also selling. Made sense to me to go for the higher rated one.
I was looking at those too, but where do you position the small top part of the jack under the van as they don't have a cup like the trolly jacks?

I was looking at those too, but where do you position the small top part of the jack under the van as they don't have a cup like the trolly jacks?
You can make yourself a small adapter from polymorph.

Cheers Loz, I don't even know what polymorph is.....
Google is your friend here... basically its a thermosetting plastic, you boil it and it turns soft enough to mould like putty, then sets hard like nylon.

What if you used the VW jack to lift the van high enough to get the 4t bottle jack under and then carried on the lift with that?
I know it means carrying too but its an option?.......

Before you buy a bottle jack, measure the height from the ground to your jacking point then subtract the height of
your sidewall. That gets you the minimum height of the jack.
Then jack it up until the wheel is off the ground and measure the height again and that is the max height of the bottle jack you need.
There are loads on the market and not many are either low enough to get under when the tyre is flat or long enough to lift the tyre off the ground.

Back