Bonnet-bra removal

blacksheep

Hi after some advice please
I'm looking to buy a t6 and viewed one I like. It has a bonnet bra on it and after viewing I got home and rhiuhht i should have looked under the bra. I've messaged the guy and asked him To take a photo but he's saying he doesn't want to remove it. Hrs owned it 3 yrs and says it was there when he got van and never taken it off. He doesn't want to damage the bra or might not be able to get it back on. Is this a deal breaker ? Seems odd considering he's done a lot of work himself to conversion thanks

Is it that black vinyl thing or the clear version, I assume it'd the black vinyl thing. Have a VERY good look as often the paint is scratched

Removing vinyl can also damage paintwork depending on how long it’s been on.

It's not stuck down its one of those that ties down under the bonnet but covers all of it . Just seems weird he won't take it off its putting me off the purchase

It's not stuck down its one of those that ties down under the bonnet but covers all of it . Just seems weird he won't take it off its putting me off the purchase
The clips can scratch the front of the bonnet hence why he may not want to remove it.

I sometimes use one of the vinyl tie down versions when I know that I will be driving on rough or stony roads. It takes minutes to put on and take off. It's just one long tape which threads through loops at different points around the edge of the bra. Even if the seller has to cut the tape because the knots can't be undone, a replacement can easily be fitted. Mine has never scratched the bonnet but I'm really careful making sure that the bonnet is spotless and that the inside of the bra is clean. I would certainly be asking to see the "bare bonnet" since there is no good reason not to remove the bra........essay over!

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
If the rest of the van is okay I'd buy it, any potential damage to the bonnet could be sorted by machine polishing and even if it needed a respray it shouldn't cost a massive amount.

I'd start with suggesting a £300 reduction in price to cover your risk of what the bra might be hiding. It's got to be worth his while taking it off. It might be fine under there and you'll still pay him all the money.

It's also worth pointing out to him that if you walk, the next fella will be asking the same questions.

I'd start with suggesting a £300 reduction in price to cover your risk of what the bra might be hiding. It's got to be worth his while taking it off. It might be fine under there and you'll still pay him all the money.

It's also worth pointing out to him that if you walk, the next fella will be asking the same questions.
Very good advice

Back