Body Repair Advice

As a belated footnote to this, I pushed the car repairers and insurer until they finally, two months' later, sorted the van with a new VW panel and a new VW side door. It now looks as good as new. Pity the b*gger won't start then - see battery woes saga.

Reactions: CAB
Got my first dent today. I didn't spot a low tree stump when manouvering in a car park. Dented the bottom of the van side panel, just in front on the rear wheel. Is this something a mobile dent company should be able to sort out for me?

dent2.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
I doubt that... But you never know.

Maybe not dent masters.... But a local repair at home.

Looks like the lower cill is pushed in.

That will need a pins welding on and slide hammer out.

Then paint on the panel plus one panel either side or a good margine to blend the paint in.

Good thing is you have a non metallic base red colour which should be easy to blend in.

You might be able to get a local paint shop to do a localalised pull,fill,spray job on the local dent area.

Keep us posted.

Cill is looking creased - that will add to the cost. It is a structural member, so don’t mess about with it

I feel your pain. Parking accident a couple of years out. Polished up surprisingly well, but I can't find anyone near me (south Bucks) who want to take on repair without replacing door skin :(

After accident.jpg

Damaged panels.jpg

A parking valet kindly left me a nice scrape on my van. Gutted. Hes admitted fault (which I have on video) but wants to avoid it going to his boss and paying himself?..

Not sure on the situation but ill get a quote tomorrow morning and if I dont hear anything email his company.

Damage to the passenger wheel arch panel and some scuffing to the bumper. Any recommendations for body repairs around South London? Would be interested to know what prices people might think well be looking at...

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 22.30.16.png

We used these guys.....

Well that was a crappy day! It's not easy to make out the damage to the bumper but judging from my experience last year, that's at least a new wing and, if it's more than the scratch that it looks like, possibly a new bumper as well (the clip fittings are easily broken apparently). That said, all my damage was being covered by insurance so new parts all round was the default. On the plus side, the headlight looks OK but you won't know for certain until they get inside. Whatever, I suspect the bill will be more tha the valet car park guy would be willing to pay out of his wages.

Whatever, I suspect the bill will be more tha the valet car park guy would be willing to pay out of his wages.
Exactly, I’d be surprised if he hasn’t moved on to another job.
I’d be following up with the manager but I guess it depends on the establishments T&C’s. I suspect there’s a term ‘ at Owners risk‘ somewhere in there.
Good luck.

Back