BMW X5 Tigerclaw wheels

Stevey

Have tried the search function to no avail.
Does anyone know if these are sufficiently rated for a T32!
Ta.

full

Following on from my previous post, I've found some 19” bmw x5 tiger claws that i fancy. Am i right thinking id need spigot rings and longer bolts for the wheels but everything else is fine 9j front and 10j at the rear? Would spacers be needed to look right? And what tyres would give me the best balance alround? Thanks again guys, invaluable info on this forum for a newbie like me

Did you ever find out if the X5 wheels have a high enough load rating?

Well i rang bmw this morning and even they cant give a definitive answer regards load rating for the tigerclaw alloys. The model they were on had a gross weight of around 2700kg and i know people have used them on t5s and sure I've seen them on t6s but want to be sure theyll be ok before i purchase a set.

That fact that other people use them is no assumption that they are correct. Just look at how many T4's have car wheels on them.

Can't the seller send a clear picture of the stamps on the inside of the spokes?

That fact that other people use them is no assumption that they are correct. Just look at how many T4's have car wheels on them.

Can't the seller send a clear picture of the stamps on the inside of the spokes?
Sadly bmw dont bother stamping their alloys woth load rating

Have tried the search function to no avail.
Does anyone know if these are sufficiently rated for a T32!
Ta.

full
Hi @Stevey had my posts regards tiger claws moved to your chat. Just wondering if u got anywhere with your request? I've seen some i like but dont know if they will be suitable for my t30??

Hi stevey, had my posts regards tiger claws moved to your chat. Just wondering if u got anywhere with your request? I've seen some i like but dont know if they will be suitable for my t30??
for t30 I think yes, imagine heavy bmw x5 the weight is same as vw

In absence of any facts, you have to assume they are not sufficiently load rated, anything else is wishful thinking

I think that you have true, my own opinion is, if you have multivan or another type of vw and you use it only like family car and you dont carry heavy thinks it is safe driving but if you use it like work van it will not be right and safe. ( sorry for my english i am from slovakia)

it is really weird because the tires are load rated to 107 (in 19 inch for example) and that is 975kg am i right.

The 98 load rating was only on one site, couldn't find anything definitive.

Your insurance company may have issues with BMW wheels on a VW anyway, probably best to avoid or ask your insurance company for clarity.

Back