Bluetooth issues with Comp Media

dorsetcamper

Hi all. Can anyone shed light on why I am suddenly getting a message asking me to switch the ignition on in order to connect the bluetooth even though the engine is running? Initially the DAB radio wouldn't work either but that seems to have righted itself, not sure what I did there?!

Hi, i have a caravel 2018 and it is inpossible to turn on bluetooth, i cant conect phone either. Is the bluetooth module located internaly in head unit? Or someone has any idea what might be wrong?

Can you post a picture of your head unit please, so we know what you have.

Thanks,

Pete

Yea sorry. So i took picture what show up on a screen when i select bluetooth or phone button.

D09A59AC-3B3A-49CB-AA6E-509A17F08731.jpeg

D5A287AA-E758-4E65-B33A-B43C7B295A2B.jpeg

1C17FEAA-E879-4957-AE53-86532D86301E.jpeg

Have you done a full reset of the head unit ?
There are instructions on here somewhere.

Pete

If you mean holding on/off button untill unit resets so yea i’v done it. Is there anny other methode?

No, that's the method I was thinking of.
Not sure what else you can do to be honest.

Pete

It's an integral part of the head unit.
Can you access Bluetooth settings (under Telephone settings)?

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting on this forum so I hope I do it correctly.

I've owned my T6 Caravelle from new in 2018 and I've experienced the same Bluetooth issues since then. I've asked the garage to sort it but as I'm in France it is difficult to explain and even harder to get any sort of customer service.

When I play from my phone via Bluetooth to the Composition Colour radio I have few problems, occasional cut-outs but it works satisfactorily.

If I turn off the radio and try to use a bluetooth headset (I've tried with 5 different headsets) I have 5-10% chance that they will play the sound from my phone. Usually I can hear 0.5-1 seconds worth then it pauses automatically. Repeated pressing of the play button gives the same result.
I have the same issue if I insert a cabled headphone to my phone. But if I turn Bluetooth off on my phone so it can't connect to the radio then it works flawlessly.

I've tried it in other cars and there is no issue so its definitely the van.

Any help on this would be really appreciated because sometimes I want to listen to something on my bluetooth headphones while driving.

IMG_9896.JPG

So you think the radio is maintaining some sort of Bluetooth connection with your phone even if the radio is off ?
Does the phone show a Bluetooth connection in settings when this happens ?
Do other phones do this with your radio ?

Pete

Yes it's as if the radio is overpowering all other bluetooth sources.

On the MFD it shows the name of my phone and the bluetooth symbol.

I've tested it with other phones and it is the same.

Weird. Have you tried doing a full reset on the radio. Can't remember exactly how, but it's covered somewhere on here, or someone will chip in

Pete

I think I tried it in the past. Something like holding down the on/off button for ages. Either it didn't work or I didn't do it properly. Any idea what I might search for to try and find the relevant forum post?

Soft reset is hold power button until unit powers off and on again ones the VW splash screen starts that's a soft reset done. Hard reset it would need unplugging for say 20 mins have either of you got obd11 or VCDS

Tried the soft reset but no joy. I’ve also tried all the reset options in the settings including a factory reset, no joy.

Would unplugging the battery for 10 minutes cause a hard reset?

No odb11 or VCDS unfortunately.

Back