T6.1 Android Auto - Bluetooth connection woes!

Hey all, I have a 2021 T6.1 with the attached head unit.

I think I'm doing something wrong or have missed a setting as even VW wouldn't design something this bad!

If I have a phone (Android) plugged in with a cable and switch the engine off and then turn the engine back on without disconnecting the phone it loses the Bluetooth connection and sits on "connecting" and I have to manually add it again. It's a pain in the behind, and it loses all my favourites!

I've had the same with two different handsets, but currently using a Google Pixel 7.

Anyone else had the same? What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks

PXL_20221019_145033720.jpg

I’ve got the same headunit and not had this problem but i use an iPhone with carplay. Sounds like a fault of some sort, have you had the van from new and has it always been like this?

Are you using the usb-c socket?
If just connecting for power, try an adapter in the 12v aux socket. That's how I power my phones. I have two Bluetooth connected phones and switch between them for calls

Picked up a new 6.1 last week, so just getting round to connecting my phone. Am I correct saying that my android phone can’t connect using Apple CarPlay? So I won’t be able to share the apps on my phone, like Google maps etc…..?

Back