Bluemotion - stop start

Fasteddie

G'day,

I'm about to take delivery of my SWB in the next 2weeks after a 6mth wait - 4motion van, an Australian model, TDI400, I believe this is the euro 5 twin turbo 2 litre diesel, manual.

My question can I permanently stop the engine shut off, at traffic lights etc ?
Is theirs a button on the dash, does it need to be pressed every time I get in the van ?
If it can be disable, could it be done by the dealership on the ecu/computer prior to deli every ?
I live in a coastal town, the fuel savings would be marginal, not a lot of traffic lights, etc.
Just didn't want the oil to stop circulating for the turbos on a hi powered small Diesel engine. I just think fuels cheap, compared to batteries/starter motor and the life of the engine etc ?
Could someone enlighten me on its operation for the manual 132 kW/400 Nm engine ?

G'day,

I'm about to take delivery of my SWB in the next 2weeks after a 6mth wait - 4motion van, an Australian model, TDI400, I believe this is the euro 5 twin turbo 2 litre diesel, manual.

My question can I permanently stop the engine shut off, at traffic lights etc ?
Is theirs a button on the dash, does it need to be pressed every time I get in the van ?
If it can be disable, could it be done by the dealership on the ecu/computer prior to deli every ?
I live in a coastal town, the fuel savings would be marginal, not a lot of traffic lights, etc.
Just didn't want the oil to stop circulating for the turbos on a hi powered small Diesel engine. I just think fuels cheap, compared to batteries/starter motor and the life of the engine etc ?
Could someone enlighten me on its operation for the manual 132 kW/400 Nm engine ?
Hi my missus has got BM with her Vw polo. It only engages if you put it in neutral and take foot off the clutch. So if you stay in gear with foot on the clutch you should be ok

As the button has to be pressed every start to disable SS we re programmed our Touareg to swap the button to opposite so that it is disabled at ignition on.

Yeah I noticed a few entries on VCDS to set if SS is installed

I didn't see anything to suggest this just noticed a couple entries that said SS installed, yes/no
It may be possible but a bit more research needed

From memory on the touareg you could change the settings so it was off unless you pressed the button. Look on mytreg as there was a thread on there.

On my T6 that has the Navigation unit in, you go in to the settings area and can turn it of.

On my T6 that has the Navigation unit in, you go in to the settings area and can turn it of.
Really? That's handy, can you show us a screenshot of where that is in the settings.

I take that back, its on the dash and has to be turned off each time. Don’t know what I was thinking:unsure:

Thanks for the replies,

I'm sure theirs parameters set in the Ecu for it to operate for the start stop. eg engines to temp, battery voltage, a/c not set to maximum.
I'm not lazy, to push a button each time, if I do stop, I do put the car in neutral. I just don't want it operating at all, with a little research, or even a dealer update to the Ecu, could have it disabled permanently. If anyone knows the coding for the setting, please post. Cheers

I just leave it gear for short stops, quite like the peace and quiet with the engine off in a traffic jam.

Thanks for the replies,

I'm sure theirs parameters set in the Ecu for it to operate for the start stop. eg engines to temp, battery voltage, a/c not set to maximum.
I'm not lazy, to push a button each time, if I do stop, I do put the car in neutral. I just don't want it operating at all, with a little research, or even a dealer update to the Ecu, could have it disabled permanently. If anyone knows the coding for the setting, please post. Cheers
I tried that initially and also tried to tell the systems it was not installed but just threw up errors, this is what we did in the end;

To make changes to Start Stop function..

Select
09 Central electrics.
Security access 16, enter 20113
Adaptation 10
Channel 34

The original total value in channel 34 appears to be just 4 which as we know defaults SS to ON at each start.

Altering the total value by these amounts will make these changes....

Subtract 4 = default is OFF at each start.
Add 32 = default is last used setting.
Add 64 = reverses amber indicator.
Save value.

Note with all choices the On/Off switch still functions.

Hi.

My man just tried the above on my 16 plate T6 and he says that I must have a newer version as none of these are there. Is there something similar on the newer versions or is that not been discovered yet?

Any help much appreciated. If we discover it first I will post the instructions.

Cheers

Hi.

My man just tried the above on my 16 plate T6 and he says that I must have a newer version as none of these are there. Is there something similar on the newer versions or is that not been discovered yet?

Any help much appreciated. If we discover it first I will post the instructions.

Cheers
As I said earlier in the thread that was an example of how we did the Touareg but doesn't work on the T6.

Last edited:
I have a 2017 T6 and my SS seems to have a mind all of its own, sometimes it switches off sometimes not, if the air con is on it wont switch off, if its a hot day it wont always, sometimes if i put my foot on the break it switches back on so if i remember i hit the off button on the dash :thumbsup:

I have a 2017 T6 and my SS seems to have a mind all of its own, sometimes it switches off sometimes not, if the air con is on it wont switch off, if its a hot day it wont always, sometimes if i put my foot on the break it switches back on so if i remember i hit the off button on the dash :thumbsup:
That's how it's supposed to behave, it's making sure the battery will have enough cranking power to restart (you'll see an "A" with a line through it on the MFD if it's blocking stop/start).
I love start/stop, had it on my last 3 cars before the T6 and did experiments that showed an average 2-3mpg improvement. It takes a bit of getting used to but you soon forget about it :thumbsup:

Has anyone figure out the coding for T6 2017 to reverse the function of Stop and Go button yet?
It is driving me crazy. My place has roundabouts and few traffic lights. Every time I approach a roundabout, engine shuts. Can't take off on time. Disaster.
My current coding is attached.

IMG_1620.JPG

Back