Bluemotion Engine Idle Speed

Montecha

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
i had a quick scan, and don't think this has been covered before.

What's the idle speed like on your Bluemotions ? Mine seems all over the place, up at 1400 rpm, down at 900 rpm. Increases when you are slowing down ?

Not had the Bluemotion before is this normal, or another snag for the dealer to look into?

Is it the new euro 6 ? My euro 5 140 manual sits at just under 1000 mark all the time apart from when the engine is very cold then could go up to 1000 rpm. Most engines do this to keep the oil pressure up when cold.

Is it the new euro 6 ? My euro 5 140 manual sits at just under 1000 mark all the time apart from when the engine is very cold then could go up to 1000 rpm. Most engines do this to keep the oil pressure up when cold.
My euro 5 does the same generally sits under 1000

Thanks ! sounds like the idle should be solid. Mines a Euro 5 140 DSG, it's booked in on Monday for a few other issues. I'll put that on the list as well.

Don't dealers do any prep for 2nd Handers? Mechanically I don't think they even looked at it, although it was to have a full PDI through the workshop, both rear windows leak - so much so that you couldn't help notice when they washed it the doorcards are like wet cardboard, the promised scratches and chips not done, previous owner must have had a coffee cup explode as is in all the vents, on the steering wheel, door car an dash - that was promised to be fully valeted, no done.

I'm going to check fault codes tomorrow to see what else I can add, and now I think I should check oil etc. And wash it to see what else looms out there!

Hi, found this when searching idle, as we are close to offering on a 65 plate T6 with 140 euro5 DSG, but on starting from cold I heard a strange sequence of almost rattling/tapping that lasted briefly then faded only to return a few times then seemed to go away.
Wonder what was the outcome of yours did the garage find a problem. Does my badly described issue sound familiar?
Thank you for any feedback

My problem was that the idle varied a lot, the dealer sorted it and now it's mainly sitting around 900rpm - apart from warm up where it might get up to 1000rpm. It is a bit noisier from cold, but no worse than other VAG diesels that I've had before.

I've probably just got used to whatever it does now - immunity !

Back