Internal blinds recommendations

Nix

hello, I'm looking for some internal blinds for my t6 kombi (twin slider) looking at the other threads fuel lagoon aren't great. Anyone have experience of van creations or the silver screens from campervan parts. Dont really like curtains and can't afford window pods :-(

hello, I'm looking for some internal blinds for my t6 kombi (twin slider) looking at the other threads fuel lagoon aren't great. Anyone have experience of van creations or the silver screens from campervan parts. Dont really like curtains and can't afford window pods :-(
Interestingly have just received a front set, i.e. windscreen and front side windows, as we didn't get on too well with the magnetic black cloth type, but one was found to be torn when first unpacked. As the company is closed at weekends & Mondays I have yet to hear from them about the problem. Hopefully they will replace as soon as possible - I will let you know.....
Have other users had problems with fragility of this type of blind? Those we have for the tailgate and rear side windows have all been fine, used throughout the past months with no problem, they were from Campervan Parts last year.

Last edited:
Interestingly have just received a front set, i.e. windscreen and front side windows, as we didn't get on too well with the magnetic black cloth type, but one was found to be torn when first unpacked. As the company is closed at weekends & Mondays I have yet to hear from them about the problem. Hopefully they will replace as soon as possible - I will let you know.....
Have other users had problems with fragility of this type of blind? Those we have for the tailgate and rear side windows have all been fine, used throughout the past months with no problem, they were from Campervan Parts last year.
Which brand are they?

Which brand are they?
Campervan Parts. Both the original rear ones and the new front ones. Will update about the faulty one tomorrow hopefully when Campervan Parts reopen.
UPDATE. Campervan contacted me when they reopened. Faulty one returned for exchange, hoping for speedy turnaround!
UPDATE 2. replacement screen received today and all appears well. Quick turnaround - thank you Campervan Parts!

Last edited:
Try Minster thermal products. Got a silver screen and its top top quality, beautifully made and cheaper than the usual suspects. Have a chat and they could come up with a few ideas for you

For anyone else that might be interested in this thread I've found this article Campervan Blind . Not sure if Becky is on the forum but if you are then bravo as this looks very impressive and I'm ordering my PlyWorx lining today! £780 quid for half height vanshades or circa half the price and you get all your additional ply panels included. Worth looking at her Etsy shop 3D Printed Ikea Blind Mounts | Etsy where she's selling brackets to bring the ikea blinds properly close to the frame to prevent any light getting in (also gives you a few more visuals of how she's done it). She's also done a few bits that are shuttle specific which was useful for me (e.g HVAC ducting).

Further to my previous note, if you have OEM sliding windows it's likely this will not work due to the sliding rail they have at the top interfering with where you want to fix the blinds to the rear of the panel. Currently looking into this still but you might be able to fix an additional window shaped cut out that slightly overlaps the full height, then you can fix the blind to that so it doesn't foul this sliding rail. Only draw back is it will make your window surround a bit smaller..

I was thinking about adding blinds to mine and I quite like the VW ones because they still let in a lot of light.
Are the Ocean/Beach ones different to a caravelle? I quite like the total black out ones on the Ocean but not sure if they can be fitted to a PV. Does anyone know?

For anyone else that might be interested in this thread I've found this article Campervan Blind . Not sure if Becky is on the forum but if you are then bravo as this looks very impressive and I'm ordering my PlyWorx lining today! £780 quid for half height vanshades or circa half the price and you get all your additional ply panels included. Worth looking at her Etsy shop 3D Printed Ikea Blind Mounts | Etsy where she's selling brackets to bring the ikea blinds properly close to the frame to prevent any light getting in (also gives you a few more visuals of how she's done it). She's also done a few bits that are shuttle specific which was useful for me (e.g HVAC ducting).

Thank you saintclarkey1 for the link! I have been a lurker on here for some time and your post made me finally join. Very much appreciated.

When do your panels arrive? Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Last edited:
Welcome @TeckyBecky. I haven't gone down the plyworks route yet. Still contemplating weather I can create something that looks aesthetically pleasing given I need to make room for the OEM sliding windows on the sliding door. Part of me is thinking to go with Vanshades on the doors with sliding windows and then your mechanism for the rear quarters. But the blinds for the doors and rear quarters need to colour match. As soon as I've decided I'll let everyone know with some pictures.

Hello all.

I have a T6.1, I purchased it camper converted new but the black out curtains have always been a source of frustration for me as they are not 100% - in the day from the outside you could still see in (if you came up and looked)

What are the best options out there? And is anyone aware of any options for windscreen / driver and passenger windows?

Thanks
Alex

Back