Blade key cutting (without remote)

Tony c

Hi all on my T4&T5 Vw supplied a basic key, my 19 plate didn’t, Vw want £123.33 !!! For one is it possible to get one cut by a local locksmith etc I see there are some on the tinternet but am a bit wary ,need it for my wife when she gets back to the van before me,NOTE if you buy a new van for £ 125 you can buy 2x remote keys as an extra !! but didn’t no that at the time ! .Thanks for any help. Tony c

Hi all on my T4&T5 Vw supplied a basic key, my 19 plate didn’t, Vw want £123.33 !!! For one is it possible to get one cut by a local locksmith etc I see there are some on the tinternet but am a bit wary ,need it for my wife when she gets back to the van before me,NOTE if you buy a new van for £ 125 you can buy 2x remote keys as an extra !! but didn’t no that at the time ! .Thanks for any help. Tony c
I got a couple of non-transponder plain keys cut at the local Timpsons. About £10 each IIRC, unlock the door fine but obviously don’t start the van.

Yes you can get blank keys cut, plain or with a chip. Plain in Australia $30.00 with chip $ 80.00

I've been attempting to get a "surf key" for the 6.1 California, not having any luck with VW or Locksmiths. I only need the key to unlock the door. Any suggestions?

I've been attempting to get a "surf key" for the 6.1 California, not having any luck with VW or Locksmiths. I only need the key to unlock the door. Any suggestions?
Unless the keys have changed from 6-6.1, Timpsons. See post #2 above.

I had a surf key cut at a stand at Busfest, so any key cutting outlet should be able to do.

Back