Black Rhino Warlords (17”) and BFGs fitted

@Richard Wilderspin did you sell your suspension in the end?
Yes, wheels and suspension to same guy, so he had the whole set up.

Looking good - did the suspension go on OK?

You’ll have to plan a trip to the arctic circle to test them out!!

Ian
Hi Ian, it did indeed! Heading to Spain for almost three weeks in the summer and will make the most of it. Also, although not currently planned, we’re definitely driving around Iceland too at some point in the future!

You just ruined it.......:(

Ha ha, joking, it is money well spent, I've recently spent money like a champion so I'll just have to dream for a few months!

I've foolishly spent the last few months telling my wife how well my tyres perform on muddy fields, now I need to tell her they're really not good enough!
20191108_095230.jpg

Hi Ian, it did indeed! Heading to Spain for almost three weeks in the summer and will make the most of it. Also, although not currently planned, we’re definitely driving around Iceland too at some point in the future!

Totally recommend Iceland for a driving holiday, we did it 4 years ago in the defender, although quite alot of the tracks we were on wont be suitable for the t6 and if it was me I'd try and have something with a bit more off road/ water crossing capability. Be prepared for all weathers, even in summer. Camp sites range from pretty awful to average ish and can be busy. If you can try and spend a few days in the faroes either on the way up or back its definitely worth it. The ferry from hirtshals also gets booked up pretty quickly in summer and there will be hoards of elderly germans in huge plastic motor homes, hence why I was glad we were off the beaten track alot of the time and didn't really see them much. Enjoy if you do go, it's an unforgettable trip.

Totally recommend Iceland for a driving holiday, we did it 4 years ago in the defender, although quite alot of the tracks we were on wont be suitable for the t6 and if it was me I'd try and have something with a bit more off road/ water crossing capability. Be prepared for all weathers, even in summer. Camp sites range from pretty awful to average ish and can be busy. If you can try and spend a few days in the faroes either on the way up or back its definitely worth it. The ferry from hirtshals also gets booked up pretty quickly in summer and there will be hoards of elderly germans in huge plastic motor homes, hence why I was glad we were off the beaten track alot of the time and didn't really see them much. Enjoy if you do go, it's an unforgettable trip.

Thanks for that Kiter. Nice bit of information there. Appreciate the time you took to share it.

20” wheels off and original VW suspension back on. Black Rhino Warlords (17”) and BFGs. Great ride quality and very pleased with how it looks. Elite Wheels and Tyres - super company, great service and good wheel selection. View attachment 60188View attachment 60189 View attachment 60190

Fitted 15mm Bimek spacers to the rear to bring in line with where the fronts sit in comparison to the wheel arch. Subtle difference but a visual improvement. Before and after:892C6336-6EA0-4EE7-A8C8-9CA04A549B3A.jpegA479E486-ED64-4926-87BE-D0C4FA6520B3.jpeg

20” wheels off and original VW suspension back on. Black Rhino Warlords (17”) and BFGs. Great ride quality and very pleased with how it looks. Elite Wheels and Tyres - super company, great service and good wheel selection.

Richard, what size tyres did you fit with the standard suspension? No rubbing? Thanks!

Back