Embossed Black Old-Style Numberplates

KevinW

Hi all

Anyone running black number plates with silver lettering like below or is it just a bit naughty?!? :whistle:
Screenshot_20190619-164258.png

Bit naughty and if you have s personal plate DVLA can recall it if you get done twice.

Grey area but probably would give you just as much hassle
Are tinted plates road legal?

Not a grey area at all bud. That's a supplier's view who makes money from selling plates. Police/CPS like number plate offences when contested, as they are "absolute" they either comply with legislation or they don't. Lots of people have refused a roadside ticket, only to have it doubled or worse in court.

They look more illegal than the black ones, I wouldn't want to tint them as they do look like your taking the piss a bit, I've seen a black T6 with black plates on which looked nice but still obviously stood out, was just wondering if they attracted attention as I've read that the tinted ones definitely do

Plates are a weird one, some people get chopsy when stopped by the old bill, who will then look for a reason to give the person a bit of paperwork. The easiest solution is a ticket; this has a financial penalty but the matter ends there. The police can if pushed seize the plates. The next is the Vehicle Defect Rectification Scheme. This means a telling off and a notice to rectify as soon as practicable AND getting a form stamped at an MOT station to say it has been done, then producing at a cop shop. The ball ache with this, is that if a copper stops you the next day with the plates still on, they will either give you a ticket or report you for summons. Legislation actually gives font types and sizes. Any deviation from this is an offence.

I reall cannot see why people would go fitting th eold plates, you can't see them that easy and when the reflective numberplates first came out we were all getting rid of them. I think people are stupid fitting them on new cars because they think the look retro especally mini's. There is another thing that bugs me is when people close up the letter to form a word or name, that is just as illegale but they still drive around like it. :mad:

I've started noticing number plates that appear to be in relief, whats going on? why?Is it a retro thing?

I noticed there was a thing for reg plates that resembled german plates a few years ago, ( again why?) but whats this? I get everyone has the right to be different, but what is the history of this particular fad; what is it a nod too?

For me I think the look better and give another detail to something that is OEM.
My next one(in the new year) will be tinted as well in pressed plates.

For me I think the look better and give another detail to something that is OEM.
My next one(in the new year) will be tinted as well in pressed plates.

For shows and campsites presumably?

I still don’t get it. Why? Which character in Fast n Furious 18 are you copying?

Back