Black and Blue

Flashollie

University Manager
T6 Pro
Hi
I am about to pull the trigger on converting my black T6 to full camper spec. I want to do some minor external colour accents and pick these up through the interior. I've seen loads of red a few green and oranges. Blue is my favorite colour so I've tried to give and artists impression.......

This is not my van but mines deep black and will have sport line front and some type of wheels I am not sure about gloss black maybe gunmetal or even the blue if I can stretch the budget. Not sure about this might look naff.

The OllyVan logo is my parents nick name plus Van for obvious reasons, they have passed away and are funding this project. They loved travel and its a fitting way to use my inheritance.

So what do folks think?

Black and blue van.jpg

Can't think of a better way to spend the inheritance. It's your van so go with whatever makes you happy - enjoy!!

It's weird how you don't see any with this colour scheme. I couldn't visualise it first and because you don't see any I assumed it must just be naff.

Theirs a pic on the Twotone thread of a baby blue lower half. Looks very nice and a favourite of my Mrs

My honest opinion is that it looks nice but not quite cool. It isn’t quite there, nearly but not quite.
A bit like stick on colour that any Halfords store might do. Sorry but I think you should be seeking ‘special’ or looks expensive.

Easily remedied if you did something different, paint the new roof to tie it all together??

Perhaps a blue/white or Blue/black check ala Grand Prix over the roof??
That could work really well.
Apols, but you did ask.

Don't apologise this is exactly what I need to hear to get it right. It should look special that's a good verb to use.
This photo is me 10 minutes colouring in based on the raceline van style I found on Google. Art and design isn't my strong point.
This is a starting place to see if my deep black van will suit a bright or electric royal type blue.
More advice always gladly received.
Keep the ideas coming.

Could try double blue bar grill stripes. Blue the VW badge also. How about a side stripe running from the headlights along the van length.

You could always contact a couple of wrappers, I don't mean Stormzy !! and ask them to send you some ideas ? Its easy for it to end up looking tacky, like me when I go out dancing :thumbsup:
But ultimately you've been blessed with a special gift and should and go with your heart regarding personalising it.

I want to do some minor external colour accents
I think it looks spot on, if you want minor accents. Great colour choice.
And if you wanted to be really smart, you could continue the grille stripe through both headlamps.

I think it looks great as an idea, it’s the fact the photoshop makes it stand out more than it should.

Go for it, be unique.

Some good ideas here thanks. I'll try adding the these to another image in the next day or so and see what we think from there.
I'm thinking of using the accent colour on the stiching to a mid grey leather seats and also on the furniture location yet to be decided.....

IMHO, less is usually more for accent colours.
I have single red strip on the front grille, which for me is enough - maybe just remove your top and bottom one and keep the middle.
That with the mirrors, a thin strip and maybe some accented wheels - such as the ones attached although I'm not sure if they're load rated.
listing.jpg listing2.jpg

Like this. I need to keep the OllyVan logo somewhere
I know what you mean, accents need to be subtle.

Black and blue van v5.jpg

They're awfy bonnie wheels.:thumbsup:
You could get a wallet to match to.;)

20180201_125144.png

Last edited:
I am not sure about those wheels I was going for some black or gun metal sport lines. Nice wallet though, I will need a new one when all this is done!

Like this. I need to keep the OllyVan logo somewhere
I know what you mean, accents need to be subtle.

Yes, although I'd only have one of the stripes and if you want the OllyVan name (and I fully understand why) then I'd lose the top one.

If you want a black and blue van then go for it, but if you want a black van with blue accents then you should keep them more subtle. All my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Opposite opinion from me. Like the double side stripes (top one is quite subtle anyway) and double blue grill. It’s your van so do what you like. We can only express an opinion. As said through I really like the choice of blue.

Back