Black Judd T311R 20s on my Acapulco Blue

308mate

T6 Pro
7EDF58DE-D8EB-4D8D-9C1D-99B373AE569D.jpeg 6C49A754-F9DA-4707-A941-E214D475693E.jpeg

When choosing my wheels, finding example pictures and good lists of each van’s spec, was really hard. Typically someone would post a picture and the caption “Here’s my van, lowered on 20s.” Well that’s not that helpful when you’re stressing about tyre size, wheel rub, concave etc

So I’m hoping with this thread I might start a trend of really complete lists when posting pics up, to help other brothers out who are in the midst of wheel choice hell (hell and damnation, in fact). Just a thought.

With that in mind, here’s what I (Bognor Motors) put on today:

It’s a T28 panel van, essentially empty all the time.
Lowered on the Raceline/Eibach 50mm springs, std shocks.
Wheels are Judd T311R 20” in satin black and they are load rated for the van, apparently up to 950kg now.
Front: 9.5j x et38
Rear: 10.5j x et42
Tyres are 275/35/20 all round
Wheels aren’t spaced

The tyres that came off were 107y I think so I would used to a fairly firm ride. The ride is now firmer but I’ve done 120miles in it since they were fitted and I’ve no complaints. My standard E90 325SE coupe was way harsher.

As you can see from the pictures, it’s still way too high o_O

This is with 100kg of Range Rover Sport wheels and tyres in it (the ones that came off it).
I don’t hate it but it looks half done now. I took a ride in the Bognor Motors demo van today and the B14 set-up was outstanding for firmness (ooh err), damping and ride height. I should have taken Oli’s advice and stumped up for them straight up. However the van is far from pristine and for now 1400 quid on suspension would be overcapitalisation!
That said, since I took the old wheels out, it’s raised another cm or so and that’s going to keep me awake at night. If you’re umming and ahhing about going springs only to save what is really about 600 quid, my advice is spend the extra and fit B14s.

I wrestled over what width front wheels to get. I have to say as soon as I saw the 9.5s fitted, I was stoked. They will look better with a lower ride height but the concave is perfect and while you can tell they’re staggered from the rears, they still look exactly fat enough for me.

Bognor Motors fitted everything.
Springs and tyres were s/h off this forum (thanks Andy).
Tamar Wheels supplied the wheels

The wheel colour has convinced me to rid the van of its chrome and go with matt black errythang. I couldn’t find a single pic that was really close to this set up on this colour van when I was looking, I took a flyer on how it would look. So hopefully this helps.

Looking good.
Yeah Oli is like that annoying mate that tells you the things you should be doing and you choose to ignore, but then agree with him begrudgingly afterwards.
Then I guess he works on more T6's than most of us see in a lifetime, so knows what works, and more importantly, what we regret not doing.

I went down the exact same route as you, and lived with it for as long as I could, then went B14, but you can get some money back on your springs on here, so not a total loss.
As for deleting the Chrome, here's some free advice: Before you Matt Black the Chrome, go over it in situ with Black insulation tape, and stand right back to see how it looks. I was going the same route with mine, and tried this first. The T6 front looks a little strange if you loose all the chrome, and Black it. It's hard to explain, and might be down to the headlight design, but I wasn't keen, and thankful I tried the Tape option first.

As for deleting the Chrome, here's some free advice: Before you Matt Black the Chrome, go over it in situ with Black insulation tape, and stand right back to see how it looks. I was going the same route with mine, and tried this first. The T6 front looks a little strange if you loose all the chrome, and Black it. It's hard to explain, and might be down to the headlight design, but I wasn't keen, and thankful I tried the Tape option first.

Yeah that’s good advice. I actually prefer the badgeless grill with two chrome strips anyway, but it would be the only chrome/silver on it now, hence considering all black. I’ll see.

Wow! Getting my Acapulco Blue T6 in 10 days time!!
This is kinda the look I’d love.
Excellent!
Cheers

Back