Bilstein Green

As I have said a few times on other threads , lowering a car by any amount and changing the wheels to bigger ones all affect comfort . the reason isn't that you purchased the wrong springs or the wrong wheels .. Its the use of the standard Shocks that causes the problem . The shock absorber function is to control the movement of the unsprung mass ( wheels brakes and everything under the spring ) . this means by fitting a sport shock with adjustable damping ( stiffness not height ) we can control the movement better with the heavier wheels and limited travel

Lifting the vehicle or fitting smaller wheels is a complete waste , it just needs to be done correctly
Standard shocks are not well designed and don't work that well even in standard height vans

If a van is lower than 40 mm we wouldn't recommend the FSD as it simply cant function correctly with too little travel
Over 40 mm drop we use the sport derivative , This shock will be supplied with the correct settings "pre adjusted " by us for each individual case .

Hi.
Just wanted to answer someones question on the B6 Comfort dampers makeup.
They are around 10-15% more comfortable damping than the B6/B8 sports damper or yellow version.
Also the upper bush bearing sleeve has been modified to avoid noise from usual road driving conditions and also uneven surfaces.
The fronts are a twin tube and the rears are a monotube.
So in a nut shell, the yellow series is a sports damper and the greens are more aimed at general road users.
These work really well with standard VW springs. However, if you want to go up we'd recommend the Eibach +35mm pro lift spring with the B6 comfort damper or if you want to go down then you can't get any better than the Eibach comfort adjustable lowering spring for a super smooth lowered ride.
Hope that helps.

Hi nobbyq. Yes they are suitable for lowered springs up to 50mm. Anything over that and you would require a B8 set up.

Hi nobbyq. Yes they are suitable for lowered springs up to 50mm. Anything over that and you would require a B8 set up.
Hi there . I am not sure I agree whole heartedly with this If the Green shock is a comfort damper it means its softer than a B6 or B8 at 50 mm there is very little travel left on the damper shaft . so a soft damping force simply wont pick up bumps quick enough to stop bottoming out
50 mm is the limit for a sport shock .

As one of the main distributors in the UK of the B6 comfort damper, we can confirm that the B6 green damper is perfectly suitable for lift springs (as it has an extra 10mm stroke length), standard VW springs and lowering springs.
Eibach Germany have developed and tested their springs in conjunction with standard dampers and gained TUV approval on all their spring sets. These are available in various sets according to the front axle weights of the vehicle and the level of drop required. We've personally tested these options on our company's demo vehicles paired with B6 comfort green dampers. They perform beautifully. If they didn't, we would not be recommending them. So, even if you wanted to drop on the Eibach max low adjustable spring set (50-60mm) on some B6 green dampers you can by using the genuine T5 top mount as this is endorsed by the team who design, make and supply us in Germany.
Also, just wanted to confirm the B6 and B8 yellow sports damper is basically the same damper. The main difference is the shorter piston on the B8. This is to aid spring rattle or dislocation when unloaded. Bottom end rebound is the same, so yes you can run either option with lowered springs as mentioned as there is a healthy cross over between the two versions.
Anyone wanting to see the B6' Comforts for themselves, get in touch and we are happy to give you a test spin.

Thanks for the explanation on the Green shocks , there isn't any reference to them on the Bilstein.com web site so I can only assume they are a special Customer specific build maybe ?? . This is probably why customers are asking questions about them as they cant research them properly .
With regard to lowering, There is a contradiction in your explanation as you clearly explain that the B8 has a shorter stroke
( than the B6 )
to suit lowered cars and this is a perfectly correct statement , however you go on to say that these LONGER green comfort shocks can fit in 50 mm drop cars , This simply cant be correct, or work well ? Also its 15 to 20 % softer so it cant absorb the kinetic energy of the unsprung mass fast enough to stop the longer shaft bottoming out in my opinion ??
With regard to Lifting vehicles for Off road use .
Our personal experience which includes being a major off road suspension supplier in Africa is that we find a stiffer damping rate is needed to stop the shocks topping out ( being stretched to the max length limit ) and pulling on the top shock mount when the vehicles go light over big bumps at speed . this topping out is aggravated by the higher spring rates used to lift the car higher than standard .

Cant argue with a slightly longer soft shock being used in a lifted vehicle if the off road use isn't too extreme, but that same part in a car that is 50 mm lower doesn't make sense .

Our track day S 3 Audi uses B16 shocks and they are brilliant but with only 30 mm drop we do experience bottoming out on extreme occasions, so i am not knocking a good product but trying to understand its applications ,

@Chilli Jam Vans, would the Bilstien Greens make a significant improvement in ride quality to T32 ( lightly loaded) on T32 rated H&R springs? My concern would be the springs (T32 rated) are quite stiff already, so would they cancel out the "softer" abilities of the damper?

Greetings from Australia, is there a DCC supported Bilstein / Eibach springs lift option for a MY17 VW Multivan T32 TDI450 4Motion Highline?

As one of the main distributors in the UK of the B6 comfort damper, we can confirm that the B6 green damper is perfectly suitable for lift springs (as it has an extra 10mm stroke length), standard VW springs and lowering springs.
Eibach Germany have developed and tested their springs in conjunction with standard dampers and gained TUV approval on all their spring sets. These are available in various sets according to the front axle weights of the vehicle and the level of drop required. We've personally tested these options on our company's demo vehicles paired with B6 comfort green dampers. They perform beautifully. If they didn't, we would not be recommending them. So, even if you wanted to drop on the Eibach max low adjustable spring set (50-60mm) on some B6 green dampers you can by using the genuine T5 top mount as this is endorsed by the team who design, make and supply us in Germany.
Also, just wanted to confirm the B6 and B8 yellow sports damper is basically the same damper. The main difference is the shorter piston on the B8. This is to aid spring rattle or dislocation when unloaded. Bottom end rebound is the same, so yes you can run either option with lowered springs as mentioned as there is a healthy cross over between the two versions.
Anyone wanting to see the B6' Comforts for themselves, get in touch and we are happy to give you a test spin.

This is the set up I'm running, eibach +35pro and the b6 comfort, very happy with the ride and majority of the time the van is empty. T32 lwb. Chilli jam Van's were very good to deal with too.

Greetings from Australia, is there a DCC supported Bilstein / Eibach springs lift option for a MY17 VW Multivan T32 TDI450 4Motion Highline?
Its highly unlikely you will find a kit that can function with the factory controller for the DCC you can however ft a delete klit which tells the car the standard DCC is working but of course it wont function , The most innovative company for factory electronics is KW , contact the Aussie agent for KW and ask them but agaian I think it will be delete scenario

What about keeping just the stock shocks and installing just the Eibach springs. Will this still allow the DCC to operate correctl

What about keeping just the stock shocks and installing just the Eibach springs. Will this still allow the DCC to operate correctl
Yes the DCC will operate normally . I would advise to set them firmer when off road , I know this sounds odd but you need to avoid the topping out of the Shocks over humps and the like . I am not that familiar with the actual changes in the DCC shocks but I assume the BUMP and rebound both get stiffer , Maybe ask the question of a techy person at VW , for certainty

Lastly, does the DCC only influence the front dampers or does it actually influence all 4 corners like the DCC on a Merc or Audi?
I'm assuming a shock / damper DCC compliant upgrade is ONLY for the front of the van, not all 4 corners. Is this correct?
stefan

Lastly, does the DCC only influence the front dampers or does it actually influence all 4 corners like the DCC on a Merc or Audi?
I'm assuming a shock / damper DCC compliant upgrade is ONLY for the front of the van, not all 4 corners. Is this correct?
stefan
DCC works on all 4 shocks it wouldn't be really safe to change only one axles damping .

Back