Bilstein Damper Eibach Pro 35mm Lift Spring Set

kiter

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Anyone running this set up on their vehicle? Considering it for mine, reasoning behind it is I really dig the lifted/swamped look and every now and then need to venture off the beaten track. Will be fitting updated h&r arb's at same time. Vanstyle got 15% off these just now. Any thoughts/experience appreciated.

Up rated anti roll bars are not recommended for off tarmac applications . Example :- Vehicles like the Jeep Rubicon with all electric Diffs and anti roll bars . very capable off roader , if not the best there is , The electrically controlled A R B actually disconnects the ARB while off road .
Off road you need as much articulation as possible and anti roll bars limit or resist this .

The bilstein damper in this kit is a B4 normally , this shock is a standard replacement shock so dont expect too much . the standard shocks will be as good
If the kit comes with B 6 this would be better . A superb alternative would be the KONI HT special . We are doing extensive tests on a swamper soon with the KONI and Eibach springs . stand by for the results

Thanks for the quick reply. It is b8 dampers that are included, how would these be? Wont be any serious off road terrain, forest tracks and down to the beach mainly.

B8 Surely not ? the B 8 is a shorter damper , the kit is a LIFT KIT ?? it would be a B6 I would thing ! the KONI HT is adjustable damping which is a big advantage and as a Dual tube shock more comfortable .

Maybe a mistake in the advert, but defo lists b8 dampers. Think I will hang fire, let me know how you get on. Any idea on price for the koni set up?

KONI HT Special is £595.00 for all 4 . Damping adjustability is great to stop topping out which often happens Off road

Anyone running this set up on their vehicle? Considering it for mine, reasoning behind it is I really dig the lifted/swamped look and every now and then need to venture off the beaten track. Will be fitting updated h&r arb's at same time. Vanstyle got 15% off these just now. Any thoughts/experience appreciated.

Hey Kiter, Probably a bit late to the party now. Did you get your lift sorted?

I'd agree with CRS. B8's are not the way to go with lift springs.

We use the Bilstein B6 comfort dampers with the Eibach Lift springs. Running that set up on our own demo and I'm loving it. Check this out for more info.
Bilstein B6 Green Comfort Dampers for VW T5 & T6 | Chilli Jam Vans

Hey Kiter, Probably a bit late to the party now. Did you get your lift sorted?

I'd agree with CRS. B8's are not the way to go with lift springs.

We use the Bilstein B6 comfort dampers with the Eibach Lift springs. Running that set up on our own demo and I'm loving it. Check this out for more info.
Bilstein B6 Green Comfort Dampers for VW T5 & T6 | Chilli Jam Vans

I got the kit, turns out it is b6's that came with it so hopefully be ok. Not fitted yet, probably a xmas hols job. Will keep you posted.......

Looking good. Have you been anywhere in it yet? If so, what are your thought please?

Looking good. Have you been anywhere in it yet? If so, what are your thought please?

Not been anywhere, just back and forth to work and it's only 2 miles each way. Hoping the back will drop a little once the new seats are installed. Next weekend task.........

First decent run over the weekend, really pleased, seem to handle well and feels better than the standard set up. I did also fit the uprated ARB's and I reckon this has enhanced the handling too, corners very well.

Good to know and thanks for sharing. I'm looking at getting some Koni adjustable shocks set up, with T32 springs for my Caravelle. Its lowered 20mm from factory but still wallowy at speed in corners and I'd like a bit more loft to go with my BFGs.

Back