Bilstein B8 With Standard 30mm Drop Springs.

Depron Donkey

140 DSG Kombi Red, 150 DSG Kombi Bamboo Green
VCDS User
T6 Pro
I know everyone rates the B14 coilovers for the T6 but wanted to know if anyone had used the Bilstein B8 shocks with the standard 30mm lowered VW/Eibach springs.
I don’t want to lower the van any further than 30mm really so dont need the adjustables.
Is the ride improved from standard, any pros/cons, is it better or worse than the B14 setup.

I’m pretty sure someone posted this a while ago but I can’t remember who, have a search I’m sure it’s here somewhere, may have been @Chopman possibly ?

Hi, I’ve gone this route with my Beach, works well with the van loaded or unloaded. It also leveled it as the rear was looking lower than the front. The B8’s are a 10mm shorter strut at the front.
I’m running standard 16’s that came with the van along with Vw 30mm springs

Ride is firm but comfortable, the beach has standard springs from the factory. Which are just van springs which are useless. I brought the lighter weighted Springs not the Heavy set as the California is listed for the heavy version but the beach is lighter than the Ocean and the springs are generalized T32/California or the lighter version. Hope this helps

Back