Adjusting Bilstein B14

A18kny

61301C1D-6A08-4E14-B35B-B13B77FEE585.jpeg 67864720-43FB-4CE1-98BB-D28C2864B8B3.png Hi all, new to the forum, had a sport line T5 previous now in a T6 high line 150. I have Bilstein B14’s on, anyone got pics of them as low as they go? I have 20’s on staggered, wanting it as low as possible. Got a pic of how it is now.

many pics would be great with yours all the way down

Hi, welcome to the forum. They look like they are already as low as they will go on the back. You got any pics of the front shocks showing the adjuster? You may need to look at alternative options to go lower.

Hi, welcome to the forum. They look like they are already as low as they will go on the back. You got any pics of the front shocks showing the adjuster? You may need to look at alternative options to go lower.
Ah ok I thought the thread below was what’s possibly left over. My bad then. Yeh I’ll get pics of the front. Here is a side on. C01881F9-1E4E-4B77-BE3E-D8847B18E4D9.jpegC01881F9-1E4E-4B77-BE3E-D8847B18E4D9.jpeg 9D481C64-5560-46F1-94C0-6542E65A416F.jpegC01881F9-1E4E-4B77-BE3E-D8847B18E4D9.jpeg 9D481C64-5560-46F1-94C0-6542E65A416F.jpeg

Someone will soon tell me if I’m wrong, but it’s wound up to go down at the back and wind down to go down at the front.

Is the rear of the van empty? Stance looks about right if it is.

Someone will soon tell me if I’m wrong, but it’s wound up to go down at the back and wind down to go down at the front.

Is the rear of the van empty? Stance looks about right if it is.
Yeh that was empty . Ok so up to go down at the back, I wasn’t sure, so it may already be all the way up. Any way to tell?

Looks all the way on the back to me. The two black rings get wound up or down to make height adjustments and they look to be right up against the flange of the silver aluminium collar. No adjustment left there.

You might be able to go lower at the front, but need to see the shock to be able to tell.

Looks all the way on the back to me. The two black rings get wound up or down to make height adjustments and they look to be right up against the flange of the silver aluminium collar. No adjustment left there.

You might be able to go lower at the front, but need to see the shock to be able to tell.

that’s the back, I’m confused as it looks like to compress the spring it needs to come down? Which looks like there is play? Maybe am being totally stupid haha
FFD0697F-F9E7-49F2-B8A1-097B0EF65B19.png

My reckoning is that if you wind the rings down at the back you are effectively lengthening the shock at the back therefore raising the ride height.

My reckoning is that if you wind the rings down at the back you are effectively lengthening the shock at the back therefore raising the ride height.
Ok I thought it was about compressing the spring. I’m not sure atall hence asking the question.
So by winding the rings down that would extend the shock ?

Here's my theory. When the van isn't moving the load above the spring remains the same, therefore the spring will try and remain the same length. So winding the adjuster down above the spring, with the load in the van remaining the same and the spring wanting to remain the same length you will push the back of the van up, therefore increasing ride height.

It's the opposite effect at the front, where the adjuster sits below the spring, you wind the adjuster down and the spring stays the same length (with a given load applied, even zero load to take it to the extreme, a spring can't get any longer than is physically possible) and so it effectively shortens the shock, therefore lowering the ride height.

Here's my theory. When the van isn't moving the load above the spring remains the same, therefore the spring will try and remain the same length. So winding the adjuster down above the spring, with the load in the van remaining the same and the spring wanting to remain the same length you will push the back of the van up, therefore increasing ride height.

It's the opposite effect at the front, where the adjuster sits below the spring, you wind the adjuster down and the spring stays the same length (with a given load applied, even zero load to take it to the extreme, a spring can't get any longer than is physically possible) and so it effectively shortens the shock, therefore lowering the ride height.
Went and looked at them makes total sense now. Next question can I swap out the springs for bags , aka air ?

Went and looked at them makes total sense now. Next question can I swap out the springs for bags , aka air ?
Not sure about air, never really looked into it myself. There are coil over kits that go lower. SoLow from transporter HQ
H&R deep
Van Slam
I think there are others too.

Not sure about air, never really looked into it myself. There are coil over kits that go lower. SoLow from transporter HQ
H&R deep
Van Slam
I think there are others too.

that’s the front looks like no adjustment has been made

second pic is the rear and third pic is the front, looks like I can do 20mm on the front and have a better stance
5C0B44C6-AC9C-4CB7-A531-19FF015CBC49.jpeg 1B081366-890D-443C-9DE4-D9FE59631059.jpeg 3FF4110C-0D79-46AB-A21B-A248C82B3971.jpeg

Agree with @Jagman. , if you double check my earlier posts, it's adjuster up at the back and adjuster down at the front = as low as you can go.

Back