Bilstein B14 Komfort Coilover Kit - better than OEM?

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie here on this forum. I recently purchased a Caravelle T6.1 and I'm thinking about a few upgrades. It's already been modified by the dealer and they have lowered it but I'm thinking about upgrading to the Blistein B14 Komfort Coilover Kit. Apparently they provide even more comfort and less roll. Anyone got any experience with these? Are they worth it over the standard VW lowered equivalent?

Any help is appreciated.

Ta.

IMG_1023.jpeg

I'm definitely going to be fitting the B14 Komforts along with an H&R roll bar. Just need to get a few jobs done first underneath the van before lowering etc.

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie here on this forum. I recently purchased a Caravelle T6.1 and I'm thinking about a few upgrades. It's already been modified by the dealer and they have lowered it but I'm thinking about upgrading to the Blistein B14 Komfort Coilover Kit. Apparently they provide even more comfort and less roll. Anyone got any experience with these? Are they worth it over the standard VW lowered equivalent?

Any help is appreciated.

Ta.

View attachment 127353
Are you comparing the comforts to the VW springs alone , This isnt a fair comparison as we all know springs alone dont give good results , If you are talking about the VW Height adjustable kit ( branded Eibach ) that is a more reliable option than comforts In my opinion . We fitted out 2 vans last week that had Comforts removed due to the common issue they have on the rear axle, one of the kits was refunded by a prominent seller kicking and screaming because they couldnt make the kit right . . VW kit costs the same £1700.00 as the comforts ( both of which are grossly over priced in the big scheme of things ) we do the kit direct from KW at £950.00 no issues what so ever . Great item and really well priced , My advice do some more research on this before taking the plunge
We have helped a few customers on this forum that bought Comforts and experienced noises although strangely the customer who had his money refunded was told they dont have any issues at all . His own research showed that there were plenty of complaints .

The Bilstein B14 Komfort is an excellent upgrade. we stock and fit many kits.

When you say VW standard lowering equivalent - don’t bother with the springs VW offer,
they are shocking. Their Eibach coilover kit, made by KW, is comparable to the Bilsteins in ride and comfort. There are also other coilover kits available from KW and ST to consider.

We actually run two Caravelle demo vehicles and numerous other vehicles with various
so you can try the suspension out for yourself first. All done on a drive in drive out service with a hunter alignment to finish with to make sure you are properly setup.

We stock all suspension / available both as mail order and fitted.
HTH

Hi Everyone,

Any help is appreciated.

Ta.

View attachment 127353
What a cracking bus !!!

I have been running B14 Komfort with Komfort low front springs, all the way down (90mm front & 70mm + weight rear) the ride is excellentE66B1B2B-41FD-4C34-8F5E-6D701B7A3F91.jpeg

The Bilstein B14 Komfort is an excellent upgrade. we stock and fit many kits.

When you say VW standard lowering equivalent - don’t bother with the springs VW offer,
they are shocking. Their Eibach coilover kit, made by KW, is comparable to the Bilsteins in ride and comfort. There are also other coilover kits available from KW and ST to consider.

We actually run two Caravelle demo vehicles and numerous other vehicles with various
so you can try the suspension out for yourself first. All done on a drive in drive out service with a hunter alignment to finish with to make sure you are properly setup.

We stock all suspension / available both as mail order and fitted.
HTH
Hi
I was going to go down the air ride route as I want comfy suspension but been told by a few companies that it won’t be the same as Range Rover suspension and to go down the road of b14 comfort I have 50 mm lowering springs on my 22 plate t6.1 t28 so if anyone can offer some advice on a decent set up that will be amazing as I don’t want it slammed just comfy

Hi
I was going to go down the air ride route as I want comfy suspension but been told by a few companies that it won’t be the same as Range Rover suspension and to go down the road of b14 comfort I have 50 mm lowering springs on my 22 plate t6.1 t28 so if anyone can offer some advice on a decent set up that will be amazing as I don’t want it slammed just comfy
It really depends on the height you want the van to be. If a sensible drop 30 40 or 50 mm we would recommend a sport kit. Fixed drop with very hi quality dampers. This is the best comfort / Performance. You can get. Lower drops you need a coil over because the struts are shorter. , caution however because some of the kits Are not short enough. Maybe give us a call for some. Lengthy advice. It will be the best call you make. Before. You part with your. Money

It really depends on the height you want the van to be. If a sensible drop 30 40 or 50 mm we would recommend a sport kit. Fixed drop with very hi quality dampers. This is the best comfort / Performance. You can get. Lower drops you need a coil over because the struts are shorter. , caution however because some of the kits Are not short enough. Maybe give us a call for some. Lengthy advice. It will be the best call you make. Before. You part with your. Money
Great advice thanks what’s your contact info and I will give you a call cheers Steve

For a 50mm drop then Steve’s Koni kit is hard to beat, ride is still fidgety over poor surfaces, but going over potholes and tree routes etc is much improved.

Back