Bilstein B14 Deals?

As an end user and an end user that's put the Bilstein components to the test in a major way, with a van that blasts up and down the UK every day, fully loaded, often heavy footed and enthusiastically driven when the conditions allow, the Bilstein B14 is up there with my favourite brands.
Barring a rear spring that broke after 50k when I hit a pothole, causing the other spring to break a few days later, which were replaced through Bognor by Bilstein in 2 days free of charge, delivered to my door, these things are brilliant.
Even now, 80k later and adjusters recently removed, they still perform as good as the day I got them over 2 years ago,
There are other brands available and everyone will have their preferred set up, depending on the look and comfort they want, but my next van will have Bilstein simply because they do exactly what I want, without complaint.
They comfy? May sound a odd question but I run cobras and her in doors finds it bumpy

They comfy? May sound a odd question but I run cobras and her in doors finds it bumpy

Comfort is subjective mate. When you are as mechanically low as I am, there will always be a compromise in comfort and practicability. I've had guys pop round to my house to test drive my van to see if low B14 is the route they want to take, and some totally go off the idea, where as others love the stiffness and much better road handling.

The stark fact with B14's is if you want it maxed out and your tyres are low profile, you will have a stiff ride, but by stiff, I only mean speed humps are not pleasant, pot holes are cringe worthy and driving up kerbs are a total No. Other than that, a nice road like a motorway and they are lovely, even as low as I am.
If you want a subtle drop and you are going mid or even full height on B14s, they are a vast improvement over stock, and a big improvement over lowering springs, which are often a waste of time if you want to loose an arch gap or gain stiffness when mixed with the stock shocks. Couple them with the H@R ARBs and you have pure driving perfection for a big commercial in my opinion.

I've said this several times before. If you want very low, then B14 might not be the right suspension, because they need taking to the limit to get a nice drop, and even then, you need to do top mount mods and rear adjuster deletes, and be a heavy van in the first place to get the sort of lows I have. Very low has to be Solow suspension for me, which uses Bilstein components, but i'm running 10" front wheels and that won't work with Solow sadly, hence staying B14. Solow needs around 8.5" front wheels, running some pretty stretched tyres to get the sweet spot out of Solow.

However, if you are looking for mild drop and comfort, there are plenty to choose from, but for me and my personal experience, it's B14s all day long.

Hi Oli, a question for you re the H&R ARB’s (as I didn’t realise they were adjustable).... when you guys @BognorMotors fit these, do you fit them on the stiffest setting.... what would you recommend please???
All opinions on this are more than welcome?:thumbsup:

Hi any current deals on the B14’s (supply only)

Always happy for a deal. D me with your requirements and we can work something out. We hold stock of the following, so plenty of selection;

B14 Komforts all weight loadings
ST X for T30
KWV1 T32
ST XA for T30

and we can get B14s overnight

Back